6

August 15, 2015

Jade wakes up from her sleep at the sound of her alarm. She cuddles closer into Perrie, taking in her scent and running her hand on the blonde's soft skin. Jade kisses Perrie’s cheek, then whispers words in her ear.

"Wake up," she says. "We've got a big day." Today, the girls are scheduled to perform with Taylor Swift. They need to get to the venue early in order to run a soundcheck, and Jade had set an alarm yesterday night just so they could get there in time.

"No, Jeed," Perrie protests with a sleepy voice and rolls to face away from her bandmate.

"Pez," Jade continues whilst getting out of the bed. She walks around to the other side of the bed and places a soft kiss on Perrie’s lips. "We really have to start getting ready," she says. Being able to kiss Perrie whenever it is just the two of then has recently become one of Jade's favorite things. They touch and kiss quite frequently when they are in private, and it makes Jade feel loved in a way she missed for so long now. She is enjoying every second of this new aspect of their friendship, but is a bit careful as well. She finds herself thinking about Perrie all the time, even when they are apart for the shortest periods of time, like when one is taking a shower. Sharing a bed became a pleasant habit, and it scares Jade. She is careful not to get used to stuff like this, not to catch feelings.

Perrie slowly opens her eyes, and is instantly met with a pair of brown ones. This sight makes her smile, which surprises Jade.

"Did Perrie Edwards just smile? At seven AM?" she jokingly asks and laughs.

"I'm always happy when you're here," Perrie replies and gets out of bed. She sleepily pours herself a glass of water, then sits on the hotel room floor next to her suitcases. Jade watches with admiration as Perrie opens each of her three big suitcases and tries to find proper clothes for today in them. Jade shyly smiles, thinking of how Perrie probably will not ever know how simply breathtaking she is. The brunette goes into the bathroom, where she changes out of her pyjamas and brushes her teeth. Then, she returns to find Perrie in the same spot on the floor, still looking through her suitcases.

"Do you think we need to bring Taylor something? Like a gift?" Jade asks as she sits next to Perrie on the floor.

"Oh Gosh," Perrie replies, stops her actions and looks at Jade. "We didn't think of that! And we don't have time to buy something now," she says and covers her face in her hands in frustration. "This day is going to be a fucking disaster."

"You're just tired, babe," Jade says with a laugh. She pulls Perrie into a side hug and takes in the smell of her hair. "Today is going to be really fun, don't worry. And about the gift, maybe there's something we brought from home that will do." Jade thinks about everything she has packed while scanning Perrie’s open suitcases with her eyes. They hold some odd things - except for clothes, there are CDs, photo albums and even a few kitchen tools in them.

"What is this?" Jade asks, laughing, as she picks up a clear plastic box which consists of two small statues of foxes.

"Salt and pepper shakers," Perrie replies.

"Why would you bring them in your suitcase?" Jade asks, clearly amused with Perrie’s randomness. "I've never seen anyone pack like that." Jade stops laughing when she sees that Perrie is not joining in. The blonde appears a bit sad when she provides an explanation for the shakers.

"I told you that the day before we flew here I went to get my stuff from the dickhead's house, and I didn't really have anywhere to put them. I didn't want to fill my mum's house with all of my stuff. So, I don't know. I packed everything I could," a smile finally creeps to her face when she realizes this whole scenario is quite funny. "We could gift these to Taylor, I don't really care."