16

October 9, 2015

Jade is sitting comfortably at an airplane seat by the window. She is used to traveling a lot due to her work schedule, yet so far, she is not tired of the uniqueness and beauty in watching the clouds from above. There is something so relaxing in realizing how small one is, compared to the oceans and continents seen from above. It is a reminder that even though facing the challenges of life can be hard, Jade's problems are not as big and scary as she sees them; there are much greater forces. Right now, Jade's thoughts are not invested in any problem she has. She is thinking of Perrie, and how grateful she is for what they share.

Jade connects a pair of earphones of to her phone, then tucks the two ends in her ears. The flight she is currently on took off from London early this morning, and will shortly land in Sweden, where the day will be spent doing interviews and performing. Tonight, the girls will take off to Australia for a six day promotional tour.

Jade plays the new album, Get Weird, and the intro of Black Magic nakes a smile appear on her face. The album will be released on November sixth, but it is already mixed and completely done, so all of four women have it on their phones. Jade cannot wait for the fans to hear it, specially her favorite trucks, which are Lightning and I Won't at the moment. In addition to these, there is one track that means the most to her, and Jade skips the first thirteen songs on the album to play it right now.

She loved Secret Love Song Pt. II after first hearing it, just because of what it speaks of. Ever since Perrie and her got together, her love for this song grows more everyday. This song describes the challenges of their relationships so well, and it almost feels like Jade herself could have wrote this ballad, even though it was given to the girls.

"What are you listening to?" Perrie asks and taps of Jade's shoulder. She had just woken up from a nap, and is blinking frequently. Her lively blue eyes are watching Jade in the best way possible, and she is wearing a soft smile. Her blonde hairs effortlessly, yet flawlessly, fall on her shoulder and touch her white, sheer top. There is something so captivating about her, and Jade could sit here all day and simply watch her. Jade lights up her phone screen and shows it to Perrie, whose smile grows in response. "I feel like this could be our song," Jade says as she takes out one earphone and hands it over to Perrie.

Perrie places the earphone in her ear, then lays her head on Jade's shoulder. Despite the long, busy trip ahead, the sound of the engines and lack of sleep, she is completely relaxed with her girlfriend by her side. As she listens to the song, she admits that the best thing about it is that Jade got to sing the first verse, pre-chorus and chorus. Everyone always says that Jade has the head voice of an angel, but this is on a completely different level. Combined with the emotion Jade brings into it, it is perfect.

"I don't think that this is our song," Perrie quietly says. "This song is really depressing. And our story isn't sad, not at all." Jade's heart races as she wonders at the meaning of these words. Where are Perrie and her currently in this story Perrie said they have? Is it only the beginning? The middle? Or are they heading towards the end?

"I think that it represents a lot, symbolically, " Jade tells Perrie. She makes sure to memorize the weight of Perrie's head on her shoulder and the gentle touch of the tips of Perrie's hair so that she could remember those in less hopeful days. "I mean, we know our fans are very open and welcoming, and some of them are from the community as well. But we've never really had the chance to understand how the media sees this, in regards to Little Mix. If we're going to do the video for Secret Love Song Part Two, I'm sure it will be very controversial. It could go either way - for the better or for the worse. If the response is bad, so we're screwed. But if it's good, that's a really good sign. It means that one day we could maybe go ahead and tell everyone about us. When we're old and don't care anymore."