Part 1 - End of summer break

Betty's POV
Me and Veronica and Kevin are meeting at pops at 7:00pm right now it is 6 so I'm starting to get ready, I'm just wearing a comfy outfit nothing spectacular because my mom is still at work so I can leave the house without putting on ten pounds of makeup. Before I leave I do some light makeup and put on my Nike tennis shoes. I grab my skateboard out of the closet and tell Jordan "IM LEAVING" J-"OK WHERE ARE YOU GOING" he replies "POPS" I say back J-"OK". I grab my board and throw it on the ground as I jump on.

About 15 minutes later I show up at Pops and see Kev sitting in a booth waiting for me and V. I walk in and head towards Kevin without looking up from his phone he immediately knows it's me K-"Hey Betts" "How did you know it was me and not Veronica?" I reply K-"Veronica's always late" He says. I look at my phone and realize it is 6:59 and Veronica is no where to be seen so, I sit down and just look around as if I have never seen this place before until Kevin breaks the silence by saying K-"So how was your day been?" I reply with,"It has been ok me and Jordan hung out some and he told me a little bit about riverdale high. I'm super excited to start school tomorrow how about you?" K-"My day has been great I slept in and got my school stuff together. I'm probably more excited to go to high school than you will ever be. And by the way does your mom know your here?" I giggle at what he said and say, "she has no clue" we continue talking for what felt like forever, I look at my phone and realize it is 8:00 and Veronica never showed up. K-"I better get going it's starting to get dark" "same here" I reply, "bye Kev see you tomorrow at school" he blows me a kiss and winks at me. I just giggle and walk out of the diner. I hop back on my skateboard and head home.

When on my way home I get a call from Jordan. I keep riding my skateboard as I answer the call. J-"Where are you?" "On my way home, why?" J-"mom just pulled up so go in the back door" "Ok" I reply as I hit a rock and fall off my skateboard "ow oh my god that hurt so bad I say still on the phone with Jordan. J-"Are you ok? What happened?" "I hit a rock and fell on my knee" J-"Is there blood?" "Um yea" I HATE blood so so much! J-"Ok don't look at it, Where are you? Do you need me to come get you?" "Yes please, but hurry it's getting really dark." J-"Ok I'll try do you want me to stay on the phone? And where are you?" "Please stay on the phone and im on the same street as the house towards pops. I see you walking" J-"ok" (he hangs up) I try to stand up but I can't and just fall back to the ground crying

About 3 minutes later Jordan makes it to me and my crying has slowed down a lot. J-"How did you fall so hard to make this happen?" He says chuckling "I hit that rock" I say pointing over to it. J-"Ok, hop on my back" he says while bending down. I try to stand up on it and it hurts so I cry harder, when I got on his back I  wrapped my legs around him and cried into his shoulder. "Don't forget my board" I say. He grabs it "In sorry and thank you" I say when my crying calms down. J-"no problem sis."  We walk home as I'm still crying into his shoulder. I fell so bad for making him do this but I'm also thankful.

680 Words