Part 2 - Mom

Betty's POV
By the time we get home it has gotten darker and I have stopped crying. It is about 8:30 now and mom is home from work. "Crap I completely forgot about what I'm gonna tell mom" I say lifting my head up. J-"I'll figure out something to tell her you just play along" "What would I do without you? I love you so much" I reply J-"I love you too he says as he kisses my cheek"

We arrive at our house and walk in the back door with Jordan still carrying me on his back. A(mom/Alice)-"Where have you all been you know curfew on school nights is 8!" "Mom-" Jordan cuts me off, "It was all my fault don't blame Betty." I kiss his cheek and whisper in his ear "thank you so much, I love you" She was yelling at us from the living room and then came into the kitchen where we were. Jordan had put me up on the counter and was getting stuff to clean up my knee. A-"What did you do! Do you really want to go into your first day of school tomorrow looking like that?!" "It's not that bad" I reply. A-"Have you looked at it! That's terrible" "Yes, I did and I'm not looking at it again!" A-"Oh get over yourself" She's yelling now "YOUR SISTER DIED ALMOST 10 YEARS AGO AND ITS YOUR FAULT SO WHY ARE YOU SO SCARED!!!!" I start crying like crazy, I jump off the counter no matter how much it hurts and run upstairs.

Jordan's POV
I'm looking for the supplies to clean up Betty's knee when I hear her and mom arguing. I stop what I'm doing and listen to their conversation. She brought up Polly and Betty gets so mad. I don't understand why mom had to bring Polly into this. I walk back into the kitchen after I found everything. I realize Betty is gone. She probably ran upstairs. I feel so bad for her. I look around for mom and see her drinking.  She drinks alcohol when she gets mad which is like every night. I walk right past her and go up to Betty. Her door is locked and I can hear her crying harder than ever. "Betts... open the door please" B-"Jordan?"she says is a sad, muffled voice "Yea please open the door" I say softly.

Betty's POV
I hear Jordan at the door and slowly open it wiping my tears. He comes in and immediately gives me a huge hug. J-"I heard y'alls conversation" he sadly says I just start to cry again. "I realize she is mad at me but why did she have to bring Polly into it?" I say J-"I'm sorry I wasn't there but I had to get this stuff to clean you knee, here, sit down on the bed and I will do it for you" "Thank you" I say as I'm sitting down on the bed.

About 5 minutes later Jordan is finishing up when we hear someone coming up the stairs. Me, Jordan and Mom are the only ones home and I think Jordan also realizes that because he comes and sits next to me on the bed. As she is walking into my room Jordan puts his arm around me not knowing what will come next.

Alices POV
I walk upstairs and immediately go into Betty's room to see if she is still crying like a baby. I walk in and see Jordan in there with her. "What are you doing" I say as I point at Jordan. J-"I was making sure she was ok" "Why would you help someone like her. She did this to herself" J-"Because I love her and and she doesn't deserve to be yelled at like that. And by the way why did you bring Polly into it? We don't talk about her" "Of course she told you our whole conversation"I say as I slap Betty's cheek. She starts crying again. J-"MOM! She didn't say anything about it I heard all of it" "Fine I'm leaving I don't want to deal with you anymore" I reply as I exit the room

Betty's POV
When mom leaves the room Jordan immediately turns and hugs me and I just sit there and cry. J-"Hey, are you alright?" "Why..Does.. Nobody love.. me?" I say between sobs. J-"You need to clam down a little and breath, and she may not love you but I do, I love you so much" he says as he kisses the top of my head. (He's obviously taller than her). J-"We need to get to bed we have school tomorrow" "Ok, love you good night" I say as I blow him a kiss. He blows a kiss back and leaves my room. Soon after he leaves I fall asleep with my knee hurting and my cheek still stinging.

862 Words