Part 12 - Southside High

Betty's POV
It's 5:30 am and my alarm clock is going off. I have to wake up at 5:30 because school starts at 7 and it will take me about an hour to get ready and about 20 minutes to walk to school. I'm excited to go to school with Toni, Sweets, Fangs, and Jug but i really will miss my old friends. The last time I talked to them was a month ago on their first day of school. Riverdale high starts a month earlier than Southside high. Today I am wearing

Instead of my usual pink outfit

Instead of my usual pink outfit. Hopefully I'll blend in wearing this. After I got dressed I did my makeup and went downstairs to eat breakfast. As I was walking downstairs Jug texted me asking if I wanted him to pick me up. Of course I said yes. I was wearing heels and riding in a car would be so much easier than walking for 20 minutes. I don't know what time he is getting here but it is already 6:30 so hopefully he is on his way. I walk downstairs to be greeted by Toni eating breakfast. T-"Hey, you look so good" "Thanks T, Have you seen Jug? He's coming to pick me up" T-"No I haven't but I got to go, I'll see you at school" "Ok bye Toni". About 3 minutes after Toni left, Jug walked into the bar. J-"You look good Betts" "Thank you!" J-"Ready to go?" "Yeah" we walk outside and he hops on a motorcycle, that wasn't what I was expecting. J-"Hop on Juliet" "Um, okay" I get on J-"Hold on tight" I wrap my arms around his waist and lay my head on his back. I can tell he is smiling. I think I'm catching feelings for this boy.

Jughead's POV
Betty is adorable. I really do like her. When she got on my motorcycle I couldn't help but smile like an idiot. I'm so glad my friends aren't around. They would so make fun of me but i just can't help it. We ride to southside high and when we pull up everyone looks at us. I'm guessing it's because Betty is new and I've never drove a girl to school other than Toni. The rest of the Junior serpents are waiting outside for us since I'm there leader, they always follow me. Me and Betts get off the bike and walk up to the gang. I see a lot of non serpents looking at Betty, I can tell she is uncomfortable so I give the people death stares to let them know to back off. T-"So Betts, do you have your schedule?" B-"Um yeah" She pulls it out of her bag and I look at it. I compare it to my schedule and "Since we are different grades the only periods we have together are lunch and study hall." T-"Yea so let's get inside before the bell rings" We all walk inside and everyone stares at us seeing that we let another member into our core four. We all walk into the lounge "So this is where we meet during study hall and we have our own table at lunch so it will be pretty easy to find us just look for the jacket" I say with a slight chuckle B-"Got it." The bell then rings and we set off to our first class.

Betty's POV
It is now after first class and I am headed to second. My second class is Geometry which is on like the other side of school so I start to fast walk. Once I arrive I walk in and everyone stairs at me because I'm al little late. This teacher looks really mean and I have been told that the teachers here are aloud to do bad things to you. T-(Teacher)"Who are you?" "Um, Betty Cooper, I'm new here" T-"Your late" "Yes, I'm very sorry" The teacher, Mr.Whie then gets very close to me and slaps me in the face T-"You are never to be late to my class ever again" "What if I want to be late?" Now that I am a serpent I'm aloud to be more badass in school. I can stand my ground easier. T-"You don't talk to me like that young lady" "I can talk to you however I want to talk to you, you think slapping me if gonna shut me up, well try again because you thought wrong" He then comes even closer to me and punches me with the hand with rings. It hurt like hell but I can't show weakness T-"Have a seat and respect your teachers" From there I just sat down with the side of my face pouring out blood.

The bell rings and we are dismissed from that class. My next class is study hall with Jug, Toni, Fangs, and Sweets. I start walking to the lounge where Jug said to meet. About half way there I am stopped by someone slapping my butt, I turn around to find someone I have never seen before. ?-"You look good, can I get a number or maybe a snap?" "No, leave me the hell alone" I snap back sassily and then slap him. I continue walking until I find the lounge with all my friends in it. I walk in and they all look at me Sp-"Betts! What happened" "Mr.Whie happened" I say as I'm sitting down on the couch. F-"What exactly happens to make it that bad" "Well, I was late to class so he slapped me and then I talked back so he punched me" F-"With rings?" "Yep, is it really that bad?" Sp-"You haven't looked at it?" "Nope" T-"Come with me" Toni grabs my hand and pulls me to the girls bathroom. I look in the mirror "OH MY GOD" T-"We weren't lying about how bad it was" "My face is covered in blood" I got all cleaned up and we went back out to the lounge about 10 minutes later. "Where's Jug?" Sp-"I don't know he hasn't been here all period. We only have 30 minutes left" Just as we finished saying that Jughead walked through the doors before noticing my face he said J-"Hey Betts I wanna- What happened?" "Mr. Whie slapped and punched me" J-"Are you okay?" "Yea I'm fine what were you saying?" J-"Oh just that I knew you were into writing and I wanted to show you something" "Ok, let's go" He then took me to this room that said 'red and black newspaper' on the front of the door. He opened the door and we walked in. "What is this?" J-"I run the school newspaper alone and I was wondering if you wanted to join with me" "Of course!"

Jughead's POV
Whenever I asked her to join her face lit up and it was the cutest thing ever. That's when I did it, I leaned in and kissed her. I know it's only been two days but I know that I love her. She kissed back and we stayed like that until we had to stop for air. B-"What was that for?" She asked out of breath and giggling "Because if that damn giggle, you are so cute and I really like you Betts" B-"Aww, I like you to juggie" "I know this may seem a little early but will you be my girlfriend Betty Cooper?" B-"YESS, YES, YESS" then she pulled me in for another kiss

1320 words
Honestly tho I love writing this story and sorry if it sucks and feel free to comment corrections and new ideas for later on in the story. Thank you all so much for reading you don't know how much it means to me