Part 9 - Ghoulies

Betty's POV
About 30 people are at the wyrm right now and Fp gets up on the stage to make an announcement Fp-"Tonight at 6 pm serpent meeting. Inform everyone" Everyone-"Got it boss". Jordan, Sweets and Fangs are playing a game of pool, Toni is working her shift and I'm just sitting at the bar people watching, loosing track of time, and thinking about school and homework and mom. T-"Hey Betts, want anything to drink?" "Um just a water please" T-"No problem" Toni replies handing me a water. T-"My shift is over in 3 minutes do you want to get the boys to go up and hang out at my apartment for a couple hours until the meeting?" "Definitely" I said with a smile. I hop off my bar stool and make my way over the the boys at their pool table. "Hey do y'all want to go up to Toni's and hang out?" Sp-"Yeah!" F-"Sounds fun" J-"Sure". Toni's shift ended and we all walked upstairs to her apartment. T-"Let's play truth or dare! Fangs truth or dare?" F-"Um, dare" T-"okay... go get a glass from the kitchen and fill it up with toilet water and bring it back here and chug it" she said laughing. Fangs went to go do the dare and we were left in our circle laughing. He drank the whole glass of water and then asked F-"Betts, truth or dare?" "Truth" J-"Of course you pick truth" I roll my eyes F-"What is your biggest fear?" "Um, the dark, storms, and blood" T-"Why" Toni asks sadly. "Um, well. When I was 3 years old I was outside in the backyard with my sister, yes I had a sister to, it was storming and dark outside. We wanted to dance in the rain like normal 3 and 4 year olds do, a lady came up to her and shot her in the stomach. There was blood. Blood everywhere and I didn't know what to do. I ran inside to my mom and she didn't believe me." By this point I was sobbing to the point where I couldn't talk anymore. T-"Hey, it's ok you didn't have to tell us" "but I needed to" they all looked at me with apologetic faces. I slowed my sobbing and checked my phone "Crap! It's 5:58 the meeting is at 6!" Sp-"Good thing we are just upstairs" sweets gave me a hug and me walked downstairs as a group of new best friends.

Fp-"Welcome serpents, I have called you all here for one reason and that is, the ghoulies. They haven't done anything recently which means they are most likely planning something big. so, never go anywhere alone and always watch your back". The serpents start to talk until the doors bust wide open and incomes Malachi, the Ghoulie leader. M(Malachi)-"Hiya Jonsey, I heard you had some new members. Came to see if they are worth while." Fp-"You leave Betty and Jordan out of this" "Who are these guys and why do they want me?" I quietly said to Toni T-"They are the Ghoulies but in not sure why they want you" she whispered back to me and then the doors slammed open once again revealing none other than "DAD?" Everyone was either staring at him or me H(Hal)-"Hi kids I heard you joined the serpents and wanted to come let you know that the ghoulies Are was better and are led by none other than your father" he said with a nasty smirk "You are not my father, fathers don't leave 3 year olds alone with an abusive mother and a brother who is also to young to do anything" H-"Well If you don't like your brother I can change that right here right now" "I never said anything about not liking Jordan I love him!" H-"just another reason for me to do this" Then he pulled out a gun and shot Jor right in the stomach and then they all left. "JORDAN!" I immediately rushed over to his side but then I noticed blood and had to leave so I didn't throw up. Fp ran over there and took him to the truck to go to the hospital. Fp-"Sweetpea take Betty on your bike". I was sobbing and Sweetpea was hugging me trying to calm me down. We ran out to his bike and drove to the hospital

We made it to the hospital and I ran inside and before anyone could do anything I broke down into sobs once again. My knees became weak and I fell to the floor. Fp rushes over to me and tried to calm me down as he noticed that I was struggling to breath. Fp sat down on the ground and pulled me into his lap. He is the only person that might have a chance of calming me right now. Fp-"Hey, your okay, he's in surgery and he's a fighter, he will be alright. And be careful, your ribs are still broken" he says with a slight chuckle. I calmed down and said "Just so you know, I have anxiety and that is where that came from, I also dig my nails into my palms. You and Jor are the only ones who know about this, please don't tell anyone." Fp-"Your secret is safe with me kiddo". Fp stood up and sat on a chair. He motioned me to sit on his lap so I would stay calm. I did so as we waited for the doctor to come back out.
(3 hours later)
Our whole friend group is here now and we still haven't heard any news. A doctor then came out and all of us immediately stood up. D(doctor)-Anyone here for Jordan Cooper?" "That's us," D-"The surgery was successful but I'm afraid he didn't make it. He lost to much blood, I'm sorry" I fell back to the floor in sobs. How could my life get any worse.

1029 words
Thank you all for reading❤️