Heartbroken

Hey so this is my first time writing gay one shots (hides face because I'm blushing like a tomato.) , in fact I haven't ever even written one shots. I do take requests and supportive criteria. Please enjoy.

Now to the story...

Deans POV

Dean was sitting at the bar alone, his head in his hands.

It was one of those nights when nothing felt right. Not even Castiel. They had been having more fights lately and the newest one was too much for Dean to handle. So with a slammed door and a few curse words, he grabbed his keys and left.

He had been driving for hours, not knowing where he was going until he came across a small bar. It looked dingy and rundown. Perfect.

He entered the room and felt every pair of eyes turn to him. He smirked and winked at the more hotter girls and went to take a seat at the bar.

Now, hours later, here he was. Sporting a huge headache and heartache. He didn't realize someone had sat beside him until he felt their small delicate hand on his arm, making him turn to the intruder.

He came face to face with a girl caked with make up. Nothing seemed real about her. Not her boobs. Not her skin colour. Not even her own face. She could have been pretty decent looking under all that make up but the heavy mascara and the foundation totally ruined it.

But to Dean she was a distraction, and that's exactly what he needed right now.

She smiled flirtatiously at him and slightly purred. "Hello Handsome what's got you so down?"

Dean put on his signature smirk and talked with her for a few more minutes, making sexual innuendos here and there.

"Damn you're hot." He murmured, slowly leaning in closer to her. He didn't have any control over his body and his brain was screaming at him to stop. But he didn't listen, as always.

She met him half way, grabbing the nape of his neck to bring him closer. Dean slithered in his tongue into her mouth and he felt her slightly moan, her small hands tugging at his hair.

Dean knew he should stop this, go back to Cas and apologize for being an asshole but he couldn't do it, the alcohol infecting his brain and taking over his body.

He sat there kissing the girl for a long time, not even noticing the figure at the bars entrance with tears running down his face.

He should've pulled away.

Castiels POV

Dean had left, leaving Cas to think by himself. Was it really worth it to keep this disastrous relationship alive? Was it worth saving?

Of course it was, Cas thought. He loves Dean with all his heart and he wished they would stop fighting.

Minutes passed and Castiel at their, only accompanied by his thoughts until he stood up, ready to go searching for Dean.

With a heavy heart and a set mind, he went out into the night, looking for his other half.

Castiel walked for one hour until he found a bar called 'Mermaid Tales'. It seemed just like the type of bar Dean would be interested in.

He walked in, scanning the room for a familiar face and what he saw made his stomach lurch.

Their sat Dean, a hoe on his lap, lip locked with her and completely oblivious to the fact that Cas was just standing a few feet away.

With each step Castiel took towards Dean his heart broke a little more until he neared him, because by then, the space where his heart should've been, was completely empty and void of emotion.

Deans POV

Someone tapped Dean on his shoulder and he turned toward the person who interrupted them angrily ready to fight them.

"Who the fu-" His sentence was cut short when he saw who the person.

Their stood Cas in all his glory. His raven black sex hair slightly rounding his eyes, his rosy lips chapped and kissable and his eyes, oh his eyes wise beyond time, now broken.

Deans breath hitched and he pushed the girl off his lap. She made a noise of annoyance before walking away, looking for the next life to ruin.

"Cas, I'm so-" Dean tried to say but was interrupted by the sight of tears in Cas's face.

"Save it Dean. I don't want to hear one word come out of your mouth. I came here to forgive you and apologize for my mistakes. I was going to let you take advantage of me because that's what I always do. That's what I do with people I love. But, Dean, this time, I don't think I can forgive you. We've been dating for two years, Dean! Did that time mean nothing to you?! Was I just a distraction from your life, just some one in the side to boost your ego and make you feel good? Not anymore Dean, I'm done." Castiel finishes speaking with tears streaming down his face but his jaw set and unforgiving, waiting for Deans excuse this time.

"What, no Cas! Please don't do this, I love you. I know I'm an asshole but you bring out the good in me! I'm so sorry Cas if I could take it all back I would but I can't, so I just have to live with the fact that I hurt you. But Cas, this doesn't mean it's the end for us! This could be a new beginning for us. Please don't give up on us, on me. I need you, Cas, I need you so damn much. I don't know what I was doing with that bimbo, I just needed to forget for a while. We've been having a lot of arguments lately Cas and I just didn't know how to deal. Please, I love you Cas. Please forgive me!" Dean says, trying to explain him self. He loved Cas with all he had and he hoped he wouldn't break up with him, but of course, he never got what he wanted. Why would he? He didn't deserve someone like Cas.

"Not this time Dean, I can't... I can't forgive and forget anymore. It's killing me. I think that maybe we should break up." Cas says, tears no longer streaming down is face. Now he seemed determined and angry. Angry at Dean, angry at the ho and angry at himself for believing he could change Dean.

Dean shook his head, his heart beating rapidly. No, no this can't be happening. He couldn't lose Cas, not now, not ever.

Castiel starts to walk away, leaving Dean behind.

Dean rushed to Cas's side, pinning him against the wall. "You will not leave me Cas, we are meant to be." Dean growls against a struggling Cas and he feels the wetness if tears staining his face but he doesn't care, he won't let Cas leave because Dean knew that if he lets Castiel walk out that door he would never see him again.

" I used to think that we were meant to be too Dean. But now I think, no, now I know that I was just fooling myself, thinking that we were living in a petty fairy tale where you could do no wrong and you would come come to me, I having an apple pie, our house surrounded by a white picket fence. But you killed that fairy tale dream Dean, and now it's dead, just like my heart." Cas says defiantly and it finally strikes Dean what he did to him, what he does to everyone.

He makes them feel safe and the slowly starts to tear them down. One. By. One. Until all that was left of them was a dead soul and a hurt heart. He was an absolute monster.

Dean stagger away from Cas, letting him go. Cas runs out of the bar, not wanting very one eyes to be on him ever again.

Everyone watches as Dean falls down to the floor with thud, his head in his hands and his heart broken. Everything was completely silent except for the whisper of a song playing in the background.

"Carry on my wayward son, they'll be peace when you are done. Let your weary head to rest..."

"Don't you cry no more."

And that night, Dean had never cried more.