Day 18 - Doing something together

"Leon, come on. We were supposed to leave an hour ago!"

     "Yeah, I know, I'm coming," Leon said, grabbing the picnic basket from the kitchen counter. He walked to the door and with his free hand, took Emil's hand.

     "Come on, let's go enjoy today," Emil said, walking out the door.

     Emil and Leon walked to a nearby park and sat at a picnic table. Leon placed the picnic basket on top of the table and started to unpack the sandwiches they made and caprisun's they bought from the store. 

     "The weather is nice today, I'm glad we chose today," Leon said, looking around the park.

     "That's why we chose today, based on the weather report," Emil said with a small smirk.

     "Okay smart ass, do you have a better conversation starter," Leon said, lightly hitting his hand.

     "No," Emil said simply and started eating his food. Leon followed his example but he still looked around.

     As the two of them were eating a cat jumped onto the table. The two of them stared at it for a few seconds, unsure of what it was doing. The cat walked over to Emil and licked his hand. Emil started to pet the cat with his free hand.

     Leon found the scene cute so he pulled out his phone and quickly took a picture while Emil wasn't looking.

     "Why are you so cute Emil?"

     "What?" Leon saw Emil's face growing red.

     "I asked why are you so cute?"

     "But I'm not."

     "Accept my compliment damn it."

     "Never!"