Day 22 - In battle, side by side

Cardverse au

     Emil stood next to Leon. He held his hand out at the ready. It was time to put all that Lukas taught him into practice. They stood surrounded by the Diamond army. They had been sent by Hearts and Spades on a stealth mission into the Diamond kingdom but something went wrong with the illusion magic and they were now found out.

      "I was really hoping we would avoid this," Leon said lazily, pulling out his sword from it's scabbard. Emil stood next to him and took a deep breath. He concentrated but he just couldn't muster any magic.

      "Crap, I need a break from magic..." Emil muttered and looked over at Leon. Leon gave a curt nod and looked toward the army. He charged forward, using the flat part of his blade to push an unprepared knight back into a fellow knight, making them both fall.

      Emil and Leon made a break for it. They ran as fast as they could to get away from the group that surrounded them. They could hear the entire army behind them. Emil was trying to think of a way to lose them and quick. Emil tried channeling his magic and was able to feel it starting to work. He turned around and started running backwards. He shot a huge blast of water at them. The pressure from it knocking them back so they could at least duck behind something.

      Leon pulled them behind a rock that was covered by a bunch of trees. Emil collapsed and hissed in pain. His vision started to blur and he started seeing spots. He looked at his side and saw crimson. He felt as if he would faint.

      "Hey, no fainting on me now Emil. We need to still report to Hearts and Spades. I have bandages. I need you to clean the wound with your water magic. Muster the strength you have, try not to look at the wound," Leon started walking Emil through the steps. 

      Emil put a hand where the blood was and used his water magic to wash it away so Leon could see the injury. It was a cut that ran from his diaphragm to the start of his hip bone. The cut wasn't deep, a sword tip must have just grazed him or something as they ran.

      Leon took out bandages from his satchel and started to wrap the bandages around Emil. When he was done he let Emil lay on his lap.

      "We need to start heading back. Do you think you can make it?" Leon asked, peeking over the edge of the rock.

      Emil shook his head weakly. Leon lifted him up carefully and headed off towards the kingdom of hearts. They thankfully didn't have any more issues.