6

"So yeah, I left after that" Belle concluded looking to her right to where Taron was walking with her, "What about you?"

Taron was continuing his laps around the park, except now lighter girl - Belle had joined him. She told him why she was here, her parents were having a row and her dad snapped at her when she came down the stairs so she decided to leave for a while.

Dulwich Park seemed like a good place to come, it was only a 5-minute walk from her house and she knew it'd be quiet at this time of day - only dog walkers and occasional passersby.

"Oh- um yeah, same sort of thing" Taron nodded, trying to gulp down the nerves. He didn't want to tell Belle what really happened because she'd probably fear him, he was surprised she even bothered to give his lighter back. Most people around here would have kept it for themselves, it was a decent lighter.

"You don't talk much do you?" Belle smiled up at Taron who returned the smile, god her smile was the most precious thing Taron had ever laid eyes on.
"No one usually talks to me, I'm out of practice" He jokes which makes Belle laugh. He liked that, in fact, he decided that making Belle laugh felt better than beating up Phil - okay, maybe on par.

Although Taron joked about people not talking to him, Belle could sense the pain behind it - as if there was truth to what Taron said. She knew what it felt like to not be spoken to, to have assumptions made of you and people turning a blind eye based on those assumptions. She knew what it felt like to be an outcast but she never thought of Taron as one.
He was always with people, he was tough and could hold his own. He smoked, drank, was social with people and seemed to always have a smile on his face.

But now speaking to him, she saw a different person in him who wasn't tough. Who didn't belong in a tracksuit and who had a heart, someone who was hurting.

The night got later and the two were soon sat on a bench, tired of walking around; yet Taron's knee was still bouncing. As if he was eager to keep moving and not settle.
"Hey" Belle put her hand on Taron's knee which stopped it bouncing and tensed his whole body, his mouth went dry and he just watched her like a hawk, wanting to know her next move.
"You don't want to go back do you?" Her words were inquisitive yet sweet and Taron could only shake his head in response. Speechless by her beauty it seemed, but he didn't know that yet. He didn't know what he was feeling, it was new to him. He'd only ever felt sadness, anger, pain with a sprinkle of love and encouragement from his mum. Maybe a dash of understanding from Ms Jefferson, but that was all that was in Taron's recipe of feelings - this new ingredient was potent. Not necessarily sour or bitter, maybe not even sweet. Just potent, he just wasn't quite sure how it was yet.

"I need to go back though, I-um - I can walk you home first though?" Taron offered to his own surprise as this little bit of confidence resonated within him.
"I'd like that" Belle smirked, so the two got up and Belle led the way to her house. Which, as she said earlier, was only a five-minute walk from the park. But it was a peaceful five minutes, the calm before the storm in Taron's mind as he thought about going back to Phil.
His heart started to race again as he stood outside Belle's house, just outside the gate leading to her front door. His thoughts were running away with him and he momentarily forgot where he was.
It was a short moment indeed because Belle pressed her lips to his which brought him right back down to planet earth.

"Sorry, I just-" Belle trailed off in embarrassment, hiding her face by hanging her head low and letting her fringe create a shade between herself and Taron.

"No it um-"
Taron's right hand found its way to Belle's dainty neck which made her look back up at him, his eyes flickered from her lips to her eyes as he took in her beautiful face. After a second thought he began to lean in, as did Belle. Their lips connected properly this time, it wasn't sloppy it was strong and done in desperation. It was as if Taron wanted just a little bit of strength from Belle to carry with him to his own house. To his own problems.

Their mouths began to open and move in sync with each other, Taron's hand moving from her neck. Slowly tracing down, curving down her torso and past her hips, curling his fingers around her bum and pulling her in closer to him so their bodies were touching.

"Taron" Belle breathed into his neck, her breath was hot and almost shaky. Did he take it too far? Taron began to worry a little that he'd scared the poor girl away, she wasn't really interested in him. He was just so alone and having her here, in this empty street full of houses with everyone sleeping just felt good.
"Will I see you again?" She asked, her arms were wrapped around his waist and Taron had to lean away from her a little to her face
"If you want me to see you again" He smirked, quickly wrapping his arms around her - not wanting to let her go.