25

At the time my story is set, White Christmas the musical wasn't a thing yet. Making the production Taron is auditioning for the first one.
However; it was performed some years later and above is the song Blue Skies, from the production - the one Taron sings the first minute of for his audition in my story.

"Taron Egerton"
Deep breath, stand up, walk through that door and do your best.

It was the day of the audition for the christmas musical, Graham had put him down to try for the leading part. Something Taron could quite comprehend seeing as when they first met he was talking about only getting drama students to a part of his precious production.
"I've got a good feeling about you" He'd said when he went back at lunchtime almost two months ago now.

Now he stands before Graham and two other women he doesn't recognise - probably more tutors from the drama school. They seem nice enough with warm faces and their hair messily tied back.
"Whenever you're ready" The lady says with a sweet smile that did reassure Taron a little bit.

So he began performing the lines that he'd learnt over the last two weeks, he'd perfected the emotions as he had perceived them in the script and he performed the entire thing from memory. Even throwing in little actions and mannerisms to really convey the character he saw in his head when he read the script.
Developing characters, something Taron was good at doing.

"Thank you" Graham nodded once the scene was over, "And what song have you chosen from the selection?"
"Um- Blue Skies"

Taron had chosen this from the selection they gave him because, to be honest, it was the easiest for him to sing. It was mostly in one key with just a few longer notes in the first half, which meant that he could show a little bit of his vocal range without completely embarrassing himself with a more complex piece.

It was an easy option.

He'd never seen the film 'White Christmas' and he had to go away and listen to all of the songs, do some research about Irving Berlin, the composer, as he hadn't listened to any of his pieces or even heard of him before.

But once he had performed the first minute of the song, he knew he'd done it okay and was relatively pleased about how the audition went - considering he wasn't a drama student and had little experience in acting.

Taron was still confused as to why they had chosen to write an entire musical based around an old film and an LP by Berling. Maybe they were just trying to be 'innovative' and different. It meant that no one had much to go at all, just their own perceptions of what they thought the musical should look like. But that allowed them to be creative and have no guidelines to follow, just an old film and an LP; an exciting production to be a part of, Taron thought.

"Thank you Taron, we'll be in touch" Graham gave a warm smile and Taron nodded, leaving the room with a small smile on his face.

"He's really good" Julia said, tapping her pen on her notebook, "You were right, there's something about this one - and he isn't enrolled yet?"
"Nope, he told me he's planning on it next year" Graham informed proudly, he felt as though he was responsible for finding Taron - the great young talent of Bloomsbury.

"With the people we're planning to get into the audience he'll be lapped up" Rose chimed in, standing up, "Well a successful day - I think we've got our Bob Wallace" She smirked.