19

Listen to this song, kind of sums up how Taron feels at this point in his life. He's moving on from his past and reflecting on it and beginning to accept it.

This song really captures that.

I love Sasha Sloan :)

"You were right," Belle said softly as she looked up at the buildings, "It's amazing"
"I said it was beautiful actually but y'know" Taron shrugged and Belle squeezed his hand
"You know what I mean"

The two strolled through the streets hand in hand, admiring the scenery and enjoying each other's company. They just loved being near each other and when Taron made their hands brush it just felt right to reach for each other's hand.

"Are you hungry?" Taron looked to Belle who was still admiring the place
"Uh- yeah, please tell me there's cute cafe's!" Belle said excitedly and Taron just laughed
"Yes there is"

So they made their way to a quaint cafe was seating both inside and out seeing as the sun was shining.
There were a few smokers sat outside with their coffees and as much as Taron wanted to join them, they went inside and found a quiet table in the far corner of the busy place.

Families bustled past them, elderly couples who would give them a knowing look. Thinking back to the time when they too were a young couple in this historical town. Falling madly in love and loving each other's company.

After looking at the menus the two decided on what they were to eat and the food was brought to them - which didn't take long to become empty plates and a happy couple.
They finished their coffee, but continued to talk for a while, just catching up with each other and telling each other stories of their childhood.

Taron learnt that Belle had such a different upbringing to him, hers was happy and full of amazing memories. Family holidays and days out that he just hadn't done with his mum and Phil, mainly because Phil would tell them that there was no point in travel.
"Why bother going when you can see it all on the TV" He would say, god Taron could still hear Phil's voice now and it made him grimace.

"Oh god, I'm really sorry - I'll stop talking about- ah shit, I forgot Taron I'm so sorry" Belle stumbled over her words as she apologised profusely and Taron could see it in her eyes that she was kicking herself.
"It's okay, I like listening to you. It makes me happy" Taron said with a weak smile because although he was telling the truth, the truth did hurt.

"Did you not go on holiday?"
Taron shook his head, "Phil would say that if you can see it through the TV it's not worth going to"
"Really?" Belle's voice was full of disbelief
"Yep, mum wanted to take me and a few times we got close to going and Phil would block the door telling us it was ludicrous, he'd think we were sneaking off behind his back - which we were I suppose, but what else could we do"
"Was he worried about the money?"
"Nah, just an asshole" Taron shrugged and Belle couldn't help but laugh at his bluntness and how unphased he seemed by all of it
"Sorry, it's just you seem so calm about it"
"Not a lot I can do about it so there's no point getting sad about it - what is it you said to me? Stop sulking about the things you can't change"
Belle smiled warmly, Taron really listened to what she had said to him all those weeks ago.