31

Sorry I've been poor at updating, I haven't been writing much because I've been so busy, but I'll give you two chapters today :')

Taron holds the door open for everyone and gets the first round of drinks in, mindlessly talking to Joe as he does.

"I'm glad it went well and it's nice to finally meet the lady you've been talking about all this time" Joe looks at Belle who awkwardly smiles.
"She's great" Taron looks at Belle, wrapping his arm around her waist
"Charlotte won't be happy" Joe smirks and Taron just shakes her head

Belle doesn't ask but she takes a good guess at who this Charlotte person is. Taron seemed to get a lot of attention from girls, but his heart was only set on one.

"Your mum was just saying this is the pub you work at now," Barbara says as Taron and Belle come over with the drinks
"Yep, a bit of bar work, serving dinners and cleaning up - it's great. I'm so grateful to the landlord who gave me a job and a place to stay" Taron smiles
"Where are you staying then?"
Taron pointed towards the ceiling, "Upstairs"
Barbara raised her eyebrows, "Above a pub, classy" She smirks
"Better than the streets," Taron says jokily but Belle and Lisa both look at each other.

Barbara doesn't know what happened between Taron leaving home and ending up here, but they decide not to go into that now. Tonight is about celebrating and that's exactly what they do. Taking it in turns to buy a round of drinks, spending the evening all talking around the table.
Taron didn't leave once for a cigarette, it was like he completely forgot about smoking when he was around the right people.

"Right we must start making a move" Lisa announces, getting up from her chair, "Are you coming back with us Belle or are you staying?"
Belle looks at Taron who shrugs, "It's up to you love, you can stay here if you like or go"
"Do you want me to go?" Her eyes look unsure
"Of course I want you to stay, but if you want to go home, I won't be offended" Taron places his hand on Belle's thigh under the table.

"S'pose I could stay for another drink"
Taron grins, "That's my girl"

"Well it's been great to see you Taron"
"Yes you too nan, I've missed you - let's not let it be so long next time eh?" Taron enveloped Barbara in a hug and kissed her on the cheek
"I'm so proud of you" Lisa smiled warmly, holding her arms out for a hug from her son
"Thanks mum, I love you" Taron kissed her on the cheek
"We approve of Belle too" she lowered her voice so no one else could hear
"I'm glad" Taron whispers back and they pull away.

"It was lovely to meet you Belle" Lisa throws her arms around Belle too who returns the hug
"You too Lisa"
"Look after him won't you?" Lisa says and Belle smiles, pulling away from their hug
"Of course"

Barbara waves the couple off as they leave and soon it's just Belle and Taron left at the table of the increasingly busy pub.

"We can take drinks upstairs if you want?" Taron suggests, he doesn't mean anything by it. He just prefers when the two are completely alone and he'd missed Belle so much over the last few weeks. Her not being around as much had affected him in a way that he'd only just noticed when she returned.

It was the first time Taron had been with someone and not just wanted to get them in bed, he actually craved intelligent conversation and her company rather than just her body.

"To bed?" Belle raised her eyebrows, the two had suddenly become part of their own world. Ignoring everything around them as they sat with each other at the now empty round table. They faced each other, their eyes traced the other's face and a permanent smile rested on their lips.

"I mean I was thinking more to talk properly, but that sounds good too" Taron smirked, his drunk mind speaking for him, "C'mon"
Taron takes Belle's hand and leads her up to the busy bar to get another drink for them both. It was a bit of a fight to get to the bar, but they made it. Taron kept his arm protectively wrapped around Belle's waist as they stood waiting to be served.
Taron leaned down slightly to Belle's ear, "You look beautiful by the way" He whispered and he watched as Belle's cheeks went a little red.
But before she could say anything Joe appeared in front of them and served them their two drinks, "Those two are on me mate, well done for tonight" He smiled and rushed off to serve more people.
"What a nice lad" Taron said and Belle smiled, taking her drink and following Taron to the door to the side of the bar which lead upstairs.