33

Above is the music video Taron stars in. Not only is it mentioned in the chapter, but I feel like he's showing how he's feeling in this chapter. Overwhelmed, anxious and a little lost.

The first day on the set and to say Taron was nervous was an understatement. He had been cast as Dennis; a character that was very different to the one he played in the production in Bloomsbury a little over a year ago now. He wondered what James, the casting Director saw in him when he watched a teenager play the main role in a musical. How did that correlate to being a firefighter in a Sky drama?

"Ah, you must be Taron - I'm Jamie" The guy outstretched his hand which Taron shook, "Don't look so scared, it's going to be a lot of fun" He smiled and Taron tried his best to smile back.

He felt so out of place in a studio with so many actors who had a lot more experience than he did.
There were so many other people there too; light techs, cameramen, producers, makeup artists. All rushing around with clipboards after a signature or to see someone 'urgently'. His eyes darted from one person to the next, watching as they all seemed so occupied with whatever it was they had to do.
Then there was Jamie and Taron, stood in the shadows of the dazzling lights on the set.

"This is my first TV production, it's all just quite overwhelming" Taron admits honestly, looking up to Jamie as he stood in front of him with his back to the studio.
"I know the feeling, you'll get used to it - trust me. Just try not to think too much about everyone else here, they're all here for a purpose just like us. They just get more stressed about it" He laughs, trying his best to put Taron at ease. But it wasn't working, he could see the genuine fear in this young actor's eyes.

Taron could feel the tightness in his chest and the way his heart was beating fast.
"Do you think I've got time for a cigarette break?" He asks, gulping down the lump in his throat. Maybe if he stood outside for a minute he'd be able to compose himself and come in more focused.

He'd learnt all his lines and did rehearsals with Belle before he got here, but this was the first time he'd be performing with the rest of the cast and that concept was scaring him.

It also didn't help that he and Belle had a fight before he left, he told her that he'd be away for a few weeks to film, but he'd try to call as much as he could. But Belle wasn't impressed, telling him that she missed him so much when he was away and was having second thoughts about being in a relationship with someone who was away so much and in the public eye.
That did confuse Taron, all this time Belle had been encouraging him to do this acting thing and now he was finally making it she was backing away from him. Right when he needed her most.

"Course, just go through those double doors at the back there and it'll bring you out to the lorry depot - just breathe okay, you're going to do great" James nodded reassuring and then walked away to talk to other cast members. Taron walked in the opposite direction towards the doors, feeling like the most antisocial person there, but he had to get out - just for a minute.

Once outside he lit a cigarette and leant against the wall of the building. Lorry drivers were walking in and out of the studios opposite the one Taron was in. He watched as things got delivered and lorries came and went. He lit another cigarette, this time thinking about Belle - what was he going to do? He really did love her, but if she didn't love him back then it was meaningless. He wanted her in his life, but she didn't want to be a part of this chaotic life he was beginning to lead.

Before starting the filming for this he'd been in more local productions and still building a portfolio for drama school; which he had started - even if it did take him two auditions. He'd stared in a music video for a band he'd befriended during his studies and he was really enjoying everything he was doing. It was just Belle that was the problem right now. Should he leave her? He didn't have the time now to deal with her drama, he had so much more to juggle now; school, studying, acting, family and friends. He had more than enough to be occupied, but it was the opposite for Belle. She spent most of her time at home studying for four A-Levels to become something she didn't want to be in order to make her parents happy.
The complete opposite of what Taron was doing, her vision was so different from his and after just a year or so of dating it seemed that they'd grown apart in many ways.

Taron had told Belle that he'd be away filming to give them both some space. He wasn't actually that far from Bloomsbury, but he wanted to think all of this through. The kindest way to do it was to tell a little white lie to buy him some time.

One more cigarette, Taron tried to clear his mind of everything and just focus on today. He only had one scene to shoot today, about 5 lines he had to perform. It was a nice warm-up for him and he wanted to take everything in and talk to as many people as possible. Something he'd chickened out of to come out here for a smoke.

"Hey Taron, you coming back in?" Jamie appeared at the door and Taron immediately put out the cigarette. Jamie tried not to notice the two other half-out butts as his feet and instead offered a warm smile and ushered Taron in.

"So as you know they're not filming your scene till the second half of the day, but I thought you'd want to come in and watch how it's all done" Jamie explains, guiding Taron through various sets and getting past other workers.
"Sound great, thanks"
The two arrived at the correct set and Jamie left Taron stood behind the camera, with other members of the crew who smiled politely as they all stood watching the scene being filmed. 

Disclaimer: Events/ timings are probably wrong, I'm focusing more on the storyline than getting things correct to Taron's real life.