45

Taron decided to stay in Dulwich whilst he wasn't filming and his nose was healing, it meant he had a few days to check on Belle every day. But also to get a case together to go to the police with.

Lisa was feeling a lot better, she looked happier in herself and as much as she didn't want to talk about the torment she went through she needed to and now was the time to do it.

Over the next few days, Lisa and Taron worked together and got as much advice as they could from different websites and an anonymous online chat group.
Once they went to the police, the next step was to get a restraining order on Phil so that he legally couldn't go near either of them. Although they realised that it wasn't just them that needed protection, they also feared for Tara - Phil's daughter. If they weren't Phil's punching bags anymore then Tara surely would become it.

"I think we should go to the police station and just explain the situation in person, I don't want to ring 999 and I don't want to ring 101 either. If we just go to them directly they can then direct us to where we need to go" Taron explained, they were sat at the hotel bar practically drinking their sorrows away.

"You're probably right, god - when did I get such an intelligent son?" Lisa leans on Taron's arm fondly and Taron just smiled. It was then that he realised he was in the right place, doing the right thing. He was being there for the people he loved the most and in a way he felt like this was his purpose in life.

After an evening of drinking, the two stumbled back to Lisa's room and fell asleep on her bed. But as soon as the sun came up Taron was awake, his mind racing with everything he could do today. How he and his mum could go to the police station and at least enquire, how he could go to visit Belle and let her cry on his shoulder again.
But that also made him realise how he was baring everyone else's problems and not dealing with his own. He did like it that way, with the lifestyle he was leading at the moment he was either working or getting involved in other people's problems which was a good thing. It meant he had no time to think about his own. Even if Phil was also his own problem, he was doing it for Lisa more than himself.

It was only at sunrise that he felt fully alone.

With his alone time, Taron decided to take a keycard and head outside for a walk and a cigarette.

It was only 5am which meant he had at least two hours before his mum woke up and he savoured this time for himself.
Reflecting on everything that had happened recently, he sat on the same bench he spent countless nights on. He stared out to the empty park that he'd walked endlessly when he couldn't sleep. He remembered the cold, how it set into his bones; making him feel so miserable.
Then he remembered the person he met here; how she is the best thing to happen to him and how she helped him even more than she'll ever know. The way she made his heart skip a beat, how graceful she looked and the way her eyes found his. Then he remembered how those same beautiful eyes looked so empty now, how dull her spark is at the moment and how he feels helpless to stop her feeling like she does.

After three cigarettes Taron made his way back to the hotel room and got in the shower, getting properly dressed for the day he and Lisa had ahead.

"Morning" Lisa mumbled as he came back to the room, his hair dry and styled.
"Morning" He returned with a smile, a smile that hid how he was really feeling inside. A smile that told Lisa that he was there for her and that they were going to fight this together.
"I'll get ready then we should probably go" Lisa got up and headed to the bathroom too. Leaving Taron alone again so he took the opportunity to call Belle. It wasn't a question of whether she was going to be awake, he knew she didn't sleep much at the moment; if at all.

"Morning babe" He said as soon as she answered after only two rings
"Hi" Is all she said
"How are you feeling today?"
"Okay" Belle sighed and Taron sighed quietly too. They both they knew that was a lie and that Belle felt the same as she did all the other days he'd asked that question.
"I need to sort some things out this morning, but I'll be over in the afternoon," Taron told her. He hadn't told Belle about Lisa and everything that had happened. He thought it was best to keep it from her for a while. Belle had plenty to deal with herself and he didn't want to give yet more bad news and more for her to worry about.

"Okay, text me when you're on your way over," She told him and Taron agreed before hanging up. After a little while, Lisa came out of the bathroom just in a towel."What do you think I should wear?"
"Anything, what you would normally wear - have you rung work?"
"No, I will now actually" Lisa began to do her usual routine; telling her manager that she was ill and that she would hopefully be back soon. She'd only done it for a few days, but she knew she couldn't use that excuse for much longer. Which is what added to the urgency of going to the police station today, once she'd made that first step she felt as though she could go back to work with a clearer mind.