36

2am in his hotel and Taron was still on the phone to Belle. Neither of them wanted to hang up so they just sat on loudspeaker in each other's company. The only sound being Belle's quiet sniffles on the other end of the phone.

Taron took his phone to the balcony of his hotel room and lit a cigarette. Deep in thought about how to be there for Belle. How to understand what she's going through.

He's only got his mum and the thought of losing her is enough to make his eyes fill with tears. Let alone losing both your parents.

"Are you back on set tomorrow?" Belle asked the first thing that had been said between them in at least two hours. Her voice was dripping with sadness and you could hear how blocked her nose was from all the crying.
"Yeah, I don't think I'm in a scene though - I just like to go to get all the experience I can" Taron explained, tapping the ash of his cigarette over the balcony.

It was pitch black outside, the only thing visible was all the streetlights down below as Taron looked over them from the 20th floor of the hotel complex.

"I'm sorry for keeping you up, you can go to sleep if you want - I won't mind" Belle tried to reassure Taron, yet every word she spoke was sad and Taron really didn't want to leave her like this.
"Belle, I'll stay with you till the morning - I hate hearing you like this, in fact, I'll get a train back tomorrow. I'll spend the day with you, I don't want to not be there for you" Taron though aloud, staring at the phone as if he was staring into Belle's eyes. Those beautiful brown eyes were probably full of tears and pain right now. He wanted to take all of it away from her. He wanted to just make everything okay. Belle didn't deserve this, no one did.

No one deserves to lose their parents in a car crash.

"Taron" Belle began, as much as she wanted to refuse his offer she couldn't. She did want him here with her. She wanted to feel the warmth of his arms as he held her. She wanted to feel the touch of his lips on hers and she needed the safety and comfort that he brought her.

It was as if they never fell out, they needed each other. Belle needed Taron and Taron loved being wanted.

"I'll get the first train okay?" Taron told her and Belle nodded, even though he couldn't see her.

"Won't you get in trouble?"
"I'll tell them it's a family emergency and that I'll be back when I can" Taron dismissed her concerns.

It didn't matter how much he played the perfect boyfriend, he still cheated on Belle. He still was doing things with someone else. It was as if he was back to how he used to be. Playing different roles to please different people.
But this was different. He wasn't playing the role of the perfect boyfriend because it pleased Belle, he was doing it because he wanted to. He wanted to be there for the person he loved, even if it did mean he had to lie for a while.
Now was not a good time to confess cheating on the girlfriend who called him at her darkest moment.