-(16)-

-J a m e s -

      What happened? Ellery signed, her face was pale with shock and her lips were parting and pressing together. All around the lunchroom, murmurs could be heard and gossiping drifted through the air. The girls that had been seated around Sarah were shaking with shock, one was hunched over and crying. Hazel Grey had been walking to a table and was now frozen in the aisle. 

      Some cops came in and arrested Sarah...they said she was under arrest for public property damage or something. Everyone is gossiping and muttering crazy stuff. 

      Property Damage? I nodded. 

      "Everyone quiet down now!" Mr. Dallowa bellowed. A silence faded out, like mist coating grass. Everyone was now shifting uncomfortably and whispering. Mr. Dallowa had his hands up, ensuring everyone's silence. "School will remain as normal, you are now dismissed to your next period!" 

      No one moved. Not a sound was now heard. 

      "Go! Or you are all getting detention!" 

      Everyone shot to their feet and gathered their things rapidly. Mr. Dallowa left with a grumbling complaint as footsteps rumbled the floors and laughing rung the walls. Brock, clad with twenty bucks in his hand, slumped next to Ellery and leaned towards me. "Danny man broke up with his girl. Here, you prick." I laughed triumphantly and slid the bill in my pocket. Brock drew his eyes to Ellery. 

      "Brock, James' best friend," he introduced himself. Ellery accepted his hand, Brock held onto her a little too long. A weird feeling gathered in my chest. "You really are gorgeous and your eyes are stunning. You're right Jamie." Ellery's eyes grew wide before they clasped onto mine. A fit of nervous laughter left my mouth, seeing my embarrassment she looked away with a smile on her rosy lips. 

      "Danny man has football stuff today but Ellery could come over and play games with us..." Brock drew. This flirty smile played on his lips, one that caused me to clench my fists. "Right Els? You play games, right?" he said, over-pronouncing his words and leaning a little too close to her. Els? He hadn't even known her but five minutes and he was already trying to snog her. 

      I can come over...only if you want me to though. She must've seen the expression on my face towards Brock.

      It's fine with me, though you don't have to go just because Brock is pressuring you, I signed harshly. A glare was thrown at Brock who watched obliviously, his hand inched towards Ellery's teasingly. What the hell was he doing? 

      It's fine, I can come. Let me text my brother...She flickered her eyes between me and Brock, obviously sensing the tension. "What are you doing?" I snapped at Brock when she was busy texting her brother. "What do you mean? Since she isn't your girlfriend anyway? Right?"
"Right," I gritted out. His flicked his brow.

      "So it's no big deal," he said matter-of-factly before we headed off to class.
~~**~~

      Ellery was leaning against the couch's edge, a controller in her hand and a concentrated look glinting in her eyes. It was an understatement to say she was wrecking us at Super Smash Bros. She was Princess Peach for crying out loud and she still found a way to kick us both in the rear, even when we teamed up on her in a desperate attempt. 

      "This is insane!" Brock bellowed as his last life was spent. Ellery glanced back at him sheepishly, nibbling on her lower lip. I was so busy gazing at her black curls that I hadn't noticed she'd come up right behind me. Just like that, I was out and she'd won. Again. I had given up counting the scores.