(~-Epilogue-~)

~*E l l e r y*~
(4 years later)

      The warm, tinted lighting reflected beneath us. Glimmering an orange tint where our feet stepped together. My arms were gripping James tightly around his shoulders, my head pressed against his chest and my weary eyes fluttering. His lips brushed my templed, his soft fingers tracing the delicate line of my flowy wedding dress. The tears he'd shed during the ceremony still lingered beneath his bright eyes. My own threatening to fall.

      I couldn't hear the music, but James could so he led us. Honestly, I had no interest in hearing the music because no matter the sounds around us, they all fell silent until it was only us. We turned and swayed, my dress flaring and following with my every movement. James traced the soft white fabric flowers on the left hip of my dress, then ran his fingers through my vail. 

      I turned briefly to catch Jenna giving me the thumbs up. Ryan was crying again, had been since I walked down the aisle. Since our father had walked me down the aisle. I knew all eyes were on us, it caused a blush to rise on my cheeks but James bumped our heads together and drew my eyes to his. It felt like an eternity, that we stood looking into each other's eyes. 

      I had missed him so much when we both had gone away for college. Long-distance was one of the hardest strains on our relationship. The only thing keeping us going was this...our future...and it had come true when I'd flown into his arms at the airport and he proposed not even a few hours later at a nice lake lit with beautiful lights. 

      Have I told you that you look stunningly gorgeous? I laughed playfully, nuzzling my head into his neck. Inhaling his wonderful smell. "Yes. Only a million and one times," I muttered. I'd gotten used to talking over the years. Even now, four years since I'd first spoken to him, his face lit up when hearing my voice. Only another reason I loved him.

      He joined our hands, kissing my knuckles. 

      We both turned when a tap tingled my skin. Dad was standing behind me, holding his hand out with a smug smile on his face. His tie was half-way undone and his hair somehow already insane, typical Declan Mclairy. Behind James was his mother, awaiting a dance of her own. Jade and Jude on the sidelines, eating two cupcakes. 

      Dad and I joined hands, I parted from my husband and pressed my arm over Dad's shoulder, his hand coming on my waist. We began swaying and turning in a graceful waltz. I laughed when he ruffled my nicely tamed hair. Still a habit he'd been doing for years and I was attempting to break.

      Thank you, he signed shakily, his finger coming to stroke my cheek. I pressed my cheek onto his hand further, putting my own hand atop his. For what? He eyes began watering, his lips trembling. I pulled him in closer and kissed his cheek. His face brightened, just like the first day I had called him dad. 

      For letting me walk you down the aisle. For accepting me four years ago. For letting me be your dad even though I wasn't there for you when you and Ryan were young. Your forgiveness means everything to me, darling and you've grown up into such a wonderful young woman. 

      I tipped my head up, avoiding tears. You're welcome. Thank you for being my dad, for accepting us four years ago and being with me every day and it means everything to me that you walked me down that aisle today. "I love you," I whispered lastly. I mostly spoke these days unless I had a long sentence, then I signed because I often jumbled my words when speaking too long and even though it had been four years, I was still insecure about it but James was helping me to become more comfortable.