~(17)~

~*E l l e r y*~

      My heart had been pounding in my ears for the past five minutes, aware of every breath that shuddered his chest and every tentative movement of his hands. He liked me, Ellery grace Wilson. He finally finally realized it, I'd been ready to combust the past weeks.  Afraid If I'd revealed it, he wouldn't feel the same or maybe, a small part of me thought that he was just sticking around because I couldn't talk to anyone else. 

      Do you maybe...? I mean if you don't...It's alright. I know I waited so long to say it. He began to sign. I could see the emotions conflicting in his eyes, even as I tipped up and pushed a kiss on his cheek. My hand tangled with his, one that had been fiddling at my side for many minutes anxiously. 

      Yes, I like you too. My cheeks heated. His eyes found mine again. I felt his warm hand gently massaging mine. 

      That's a relief, he signed with an amused grin. My eyes rolled momentarily, they settled on our joined hands. This didn't feel anything like that time we'd held hands in school while desperately attempting to make it to History in time. So...you'll go on a date with me? Now?

      Now? I signed heavily, my mouth gaping. It's already dark. 

      All the more romantic. We can just walk around the block? 

      Are you crazy? I can't see your hands so we can't talk. I protested. We don't need to talk, James motioned with a smirk. I squinted, he tugged me away from the street lamp and into the caving darkness of the night. Our hands joined again, he tugged me against him as we continued to walk, right past my house and down the sidewalk. I was sure that Ryan might've watched us walk by from the window, I should text him. 

      Instead of texting him as I'd intended, James snuck the phone from my hand and began typing. What do you think Sarah did? Do you think she'll go to jail?  The screen flashed in my eyes as I began to type back. For property damage? I don't think so. She'll probably have to pay for the damage though. 

     Maybe she'll stay out of our hair now...little jail time to straighten her up. I shook my head playfully and nudged him. I can't believe you dated her. How did you deal with that?  I typed humorously. 

      It was good at the begging, the usually swooning over each other thing but as we went on her true colors began to show. I finally broke it off when she became jealous of me taking care of my grandpa instead of hanging with her. 

      That's selfish. It wasn't like you could not care for him. He needed help. We looped around the square again, passing his house and mine. I had long forgotten about Ryan and getting home too late. My mind was fuzzy with infatuation and my heart was thumping in anticipation. You haven't had a crazy ex before? I find that very hard to believe.

      Cause I'm so prone to attracting crazy guys? He gazed at me skeptically and opened his mouth in a smile. No, I had a kiss, don't tell Ryan, but I never had a serious relationship. I was never interested, really. Not many of the guys could talk to me either in my old town. 

      Until you met me? Right? 

      I shouldered him again, he staggered into the grass but regained himself back at my side. his body shaking in humor. His warmth seeped into me, his hand found mine again. I nudged him towards my house when we began trailing up to it again, silently hinting that I needed to go now. I slipped my phone away as my porch lights flickered on. I know it wasn't exactly a date but I was desperate to spend another few minutes with you.