Chapter seven

Aaliyah walked in the door surprised. When Jameels dad had told her, his wife had invited her to dinner, she had quickly accepted. What she didn't realise was Jameel was going to be there. He's their son, she thought, he has every right to be here. She just thought with him living apart from his parents, he wouldn't be here.

"You must be Miss Aaliyah" said Jameels mum, hugging her.

"I must be."

"My husbands told me all about you. I didn't realise you were so young."

"Can I do anything to help?"

"None sense. Your our guest. Make yourself at home."

Aaliyah sat down, trying to relax, but felt Jameels eyes on her. In the kitchen Jameels mum was praising Aaliyah to his dad. "She's so young, so pretty. And about Jameels age too." "Don't tell me you are trying to set them two up?" "So what if I am?" "Don't bother." "Why not?" "Because I think Jameel genuinely likes Aaliyah." "How do you know?" "Because he's been coming to the hospital a lot recently, claiming he wants to see me, but I've realised it's only during Aaliyah's shift and his eyes never seem to leave her." "That's wonderful." "Yes, now please don't interfere. Let them work it out between themselves."

Aaliyah sat at the table trying to eat, but felt Jameels eyes on her. "So Aaliyah, anyone special in your life?" asked Jameels mum. Aaliyah quickly replied "I'm new here, so most of my time has been busy in my job. Plus, men are not a priority in my life. And not to be rude, I don't like discussing my private life."

Jameels mum quickly went into the kitchen and Jameel followed. " Are you sure?" asked his mum. "Yes mum, she's the one for me. She might seem cold, but that's because she's really guarded and closed off. Something must of happened to make her like this. I'm doing my best to try and break down her falls and make her mine. I just need you to pray for me that I'll succeed." "My prayers are always with you." "Well then I can't fail."

Aaliyah quickly apologised to Jameels mum, if she seemed rude, and quickly left. Jameel followed. "Bye latte, see you soon." Jameel said as he started to make his way home. "Wait......" yelled Aaliyah, "I'm probably going to regret this, but do you want a lift home?" "That'd be wonderful, latte." said Jameel climbing in. Well, this should be interesting thought Aaliyah as they drove away.