Chapter twenty three

Aaliyah knew she couldn't put it of any longer. She had to tell Jameel. It would kill him, but she had to. So, she arranged for them two to have a nice, intimate dinner. Whilst eating, she kept being distracted. Jameel noticed

"Spit it out latte"

"What?"

"Whatever's troubling you"

"Jameel, you know I love you with all my heart, and you've done so much for me, but I'm leaving."

"What do you mean?"

"I've been offered a job in another town, and I've taken it."

"What does this mean for us?"

"I don't know."

"I can come with you."

"I can't ask you to do that. Your job, you're family, everything is here."

"Well, stay then."

"I can't. I need to go and try this job, even if it's a mistake. I can't stay because if i did, deep down I would hate you for not letting me go and I don't want to hate you, not when you've done so much for me."

"Really?"

"Jameel, don't be like that. You've made me believe and trust men again. I never thought it would be possible after everything, but you made it happen."

"When do you go?"

"Soon."

Jameel got up and left. Aaliyah let him go. She knew his heart was breaking, so was hers, but she had to try this job, otherwise the what ifs would constantly bother her. She went to bed alone but couldn't sleep. It was the first night she was alone in ages. She wept silently for Jameel. She needed him to cuddle up to. With great difficulty, she fell asleep.

I hated writing this, but it can't be lovely dovely all the time.