Chapter fourteen

It was eight pm, and there was no sign of Jameel. Maybe he's changed his mind though Aaliyah and decided I'm not worth it. Aaliyah was lost in thought when there was a knock at the door. "Sorry, I'm late" Jameel said as he entered. "Do you want something to eat?" asked Aaliyah pottering around, trying to delay the inevitable. "Aaliyah" said Jameel. Aaliyah turned to see Jameel pointing to the spot beside him on the sofa. 

Aaliyah sighed and went to sit down. "Start at the beginning. Leave nothing out."

"I killed them."

"How?"

"Because they were busy working away, and were due to come home the day after, but I had a big part in the school play, and begged them to come early to see me in it. They were making the journey and got hit by a drunk driver."

"How's that your fault?"

"Because if I wasn't so insistent, they would of come the day after and been alive today. I'm a murderer." Aaliyah wept. Jameel held Aaliyah close to his chest, as she wept.

"Is that what's been eating you up? Did you ever think that they might of been hit on the other day? Aaliyah, them dying was gods will. Nothing to do with you."

"Ok, now that that's sorted, can you tell me why you have been keeping me at arms length?"

"No, I haven't."

"Yes, you have. After our date, you ignored me for two days straight. You would of carried on, if I hadn't intervened. Plus, you said it was your fault. You allowed yourself to trust me."

"It was nothing."

"Please latte, don't be like this. Don't do this to me anymore. I want you so much it hurts, but the closer I come, the more you push me away."

"It was my ex fiancé. I came home one day to find him cheating on me. There and then, my heart broke. I swore after that never to trust another man again."

"But latte, I'm not like that."

"That's what they all say."

"In case you haven't realised, I'm crazy about you. Hurting you is the last thing I want to do. But you have to cut me some slack. Let me in a bit."

"What if I let you in, and we end up hurting each other?"

"Then we'll go through that together. But I don't want to be with anyone else but you. Take a chance on me. I won't let you down. How about, one date, no tricks. If you don't enjoy it, I'll leave you alone."

"Ok."

"Good. I'm going to kiss you now."  Jameel turned to Aaliyah and started kissing her. Aaliyah, hesitantly returned the kiss. Jameel lay Aaliyah down on the sofa, whilst still kissing her. Aaliyah's arms went round his back. Suddenly Jameel stopped.

"I'm going to stop now, otherwise we both know what will happen."

"Let it."

"As much as I want to, our first time will be special. Be ready first thing tomorrow."

Aaliyah smiled as Jameel left. What was he doing to her?