Chapter twenty

Aaliyah and Jameel had been invited to a New Year's Eve party. Aaliyah didn't really want to go, she wanted to spend time with Jameel, before normal life started again. She was happy with Jameel, she just hoped nothing jinxed it. Aaliyah gasped at the sight of Jameel. How could someone look so handsome in a suit? "Do we have to go?" "Yes latte, it's my works New Year's Eve party. They're expecting us." Aaliyah reluctantly went.

"This is beautiful." she gasped as she took in the arrangements and decorations. "Not as beautiful as my girl." Jameel and Aaliyah mingled with everyone, ate, danced, then went outside to watch the countdown.

"Happy new year latte" said Jameel pulling Aaliyah in for a kiss. 

"Happy new year" said Aaliyah as her arms went around his kneck. Soon, they were locked in a passionate kiss, forgetting where they were. "Let's go home" said Aaliyah. "But we've just got here." "Jameel, I've never known you to turn down an opportunity to get me alone. Are you ok?" Jameel grabbed Aaliyah's hand and took her home.

"Finally, I've been wanting to get you out of that suit, the minute I saw you wearing it."

"Why didn't you just say so?" said Jameel leading her to the bedroom.

The next morning, Aaliyah entered the coffee shop where they had met. She looked around and spotted Jameel. She went up to the counter and got a slice of chocolate cake and put it in front of Jameel. Jameel looked up, "what's this for?" "I seem to remember we made a bet. You won. It's new year and we are a thing." Jameel fed Aaliyah and she fed him. "You know it's a shame i have to go into work today. I wanted to spend the day with you." "We still can." "What do I tell your dad? That I want the day off so I can spend the day doing naughty things to his son. Yeah, great conversation. Oh, hi bye the way." said Aaliyah kissing Jameel on the lips.

"Hurry up and finish work then."