Chapter eleven

Aaliyah was bored out of her mind. The past two days had been one police interview after another. Jameel had been a godsend, not once leaving her side and holding her as she wept.

"If I don't get out of this apartment, I'm going to die of boredom" she said miserably. 

Jameel ran upstairs. Aaliyah heard a noise from her bedroom as Jameel casually asked "latte, heels or flats?" Aaliyah quickly ran upstairs.

"Jameel, what are you doing? This is my bedroom."

"So?"

"You never enter a girls room without her permission."

"Well, you said you were bored, and I'm talking you out. Now, heels or flats?"

Aaliyah angrily walked to her drawer and chose. She noticed Jameel standing there awkwardly.

"Please Jameel help yourself. Wait on my bed, if that makes you more comfortable" she said sarcastically. Jameel sat on her bed and sighed. "I've imagined myself in your bed loads of times, but your always in my arms." Aaliyah rolled her eyes and told him to come on. Jameel drove them to a mini golf course. Aaliyah looked at it and bad memories came rushing back. Jameel shook her and asked if she was ok. Aaliyah nodded and they went.

"Come on latte, you can make this shot. I believe in you."

Aaliyah sighed and tried to concentrate. Somehow, Jameel had become her own personal cheerleader. "Maybe, if you would be quiet, I could concentrate." Aaliyah stumbled over her feet, and braced herself for the impact, when she suddenly felt two strong arms around her waist, to stop her falling. "Have dinner with me?" asked Jameel. "No." Aaliyah replied.

"I'll make you a bet. If you can get a hole in one at the next shot, you have to have dinner with me." "Deal" said Aaliyah, knowing how bad she was and there was no way she would get a hole in one.

Aaliyah lined up the shot. "Wait" yelled Jameel as he came up behind her and started to help her. 

"What are you doing?"

"Helping you win the bet, and making sure I get a date. I said you had to get a hole in one. I never said anything about me not being able to help you." Jameel swung perfectly and got a hole in one.

"Right, I better get you home. You have a date to get ready for. 8pm sharp."

Aaliyah groaned. One date. How bad could it be?