Chapter twenty two

Aaliyah was getting ready. Her and Jameel were going to have a birthday dinner with his parents. Aaliyah couldn't stop smiling, Jameel had really spoiled her today. "Do I look ok Jameel?" Jameel smirked. "You look beautiful in anything, but something's missing." "What?" "This" said Jameel, putting a beautiful diamond bracelet on her wrist. "Happy birthday latte" he said kissing her on the lips. "Jameel, you've done so much for me today. I can't accept this." "Of course you can Latte. It's my birthday gift to you." Aaliyah was about to protest but Jameel put his hand up to end the conversation.

Aaliyah was really enjoying Jameels parents company. They were quite funny people. Jameel and his mum excused themselves for a moment, leaving just Aaliyah and Jameels dad.

"Have you told him?"

"No, not yet."

"Better do it soon."

"I know. It's going to break his heart. I will soon, but not yet. Let me enjoy the time I have with him."

Aaliyah was lying on Jameels chest, trying to think how to tell him. It would hurt him, and that was the last thing she wanted. She gave him a tender kiss on the lips. "What was that for?" "Jameel, I'm just thinking how lucky I am to have a wonderful boyfriend like you, after everything. After last time, I was terrified of trusting a man again. But God must really like me. He gave me you." "Likewise latte."

What do you think Aaliyah's hiding?