❤Chapter 2❤

On Chidinma's bed, was Chidinma herself and her 'friend' Gerald. Chidinma's head over heels for Gerald, but she's more of a wimp, to admit that to anyone not even me, her best friend/roommate.

"Okay," Gerald began, as he cleared his throat "Imagine me as Mr Valentine, who's going to be - by the grace of God - your boss."

"So in other words, I should imagine you as a Fifty-eight years old man?" I teased Gerald.

Gerald furrowed his brows, "Not the point, Itoro."

"Awww, so cute when you're mad." I teased again.

"Itoro," Chidinma snapped "Focus."

"Alright, Alright." I sat on my bed as I focused on what was at hand.

Chidinma cleared her throat, "And you, can imagine me as his wife. I-I mean Mr Valantine's wife, N-Not Gerald's."

"Smooth." I rolled my eyes.

"Let's just go straight with the questions," Gerald cleared his throat "Are you an experienced cleaner?"

"Yea, since when I was born."

"Itoro!" Chidinma scolded while Gerald, sniffled a laugh. "You can't just answer a question like that!"

"Alright," I cleared my throat "Yes Sir, I'm an experienced cleaner. I'm a hardworking lady, and hate anything that associates with dirt."

"Nice," Gerald smiled "Can you cope?"

"Yes Sir," I answered, then whispered "When that amount of money is involved, who wouldn't?"

"I heard that." Chidinma said dryly, busted.

Gerald, looked at Chidinma "Well, I won't say she's ready but she's gotta try."

Chidinma looked at me, "Itoro, when going to that interview tomorrow, can you please try your best. I'm your best friend and I don't like seeing you suffer."

God, I hate when she gets so emotional.

I looked at her with a warm smile on my face, "I promise with your life Chidinma, I'll try my best."

Chidinma smiled, "Good. Wait, what?!"

I laughed "I gotta go get something from Unwana, have fun with your 'friend'." Chidinma coughed uncomfortably, which made me laughed inwardly.

************************************************************************

It was the next day, and I was ready for the interview. Luckily for me, Mr Valantine's residents wasn't far from our University. I looked up to see my best friend, who was busy watching criminal minds. I swear, she was addicted to that movie.

"Hey, Chidinma." I called out. She paused her movie to look at me.

"You ready?"

"Yeah," I said looking at my light green top and black Jean.

"You look sharp," She smiled at me.

"Don't you have classes?" I asked her.

"By ten. Now get out." she waved her hands at him, chasing me out of our room.

"Geez, I thought I was loved here."

"You are," Chidinma smiled at me "Now, get out." Her attention went back to her movie. I laughed before leaving the room.

An hour passed, and I'm standing in front of Mr Valantine's black large gate. I knocked gently on the gate and waited patiently for someone to attend to me. A gate man whose head was shaped like a moon, opened the gate and stepped out.

"Who are you looking for?" The gate man asked.

"Well, I'm here for an interview." I replied.

"Here look like company?" The gate man hissed, which made me to furrow my brows at him.

"But, I-I..."

"You-You, nothing. Get out, go!" The gate man snapped at me.

"Musa," I heard a voice inside "What's going on there?"

"Oga, it's nothing important." The gate man, who turned out to be Musa answered. Soon, the gate opened again and a handsome fair dude with dark eyes and natural pink lips, who looked like he was either Twenty-eight or Twenty-nine years old, stepped out. 

He looked at me before saying "Daniel, Daniel Ozoh Valantine. May I ask what's your name and what you're doing at my father's house?"

"I'm Itoro Samuels, and I'm here for an interview."

"An interview?" Daniel sounded confused.

"Yes, an interview." I said again, "I applied to be a house help and was told through the email, to come for an interview today by eight."

"You, a house help?" The gate man sounded stunned, "As you fine reach."

I frowned at the gate man, but ignored him. "I'm telling the truth Sir," I said to Daniel.

"I never said you were lying. Father, said something about employing a new house help, I guess I forgot all about it. Come in." He gestured for me to follow him, which I did but not before sticking my tongue out at the gate man.

Inside the compound was magnificent and the mansion before me, was just - Wow!

I followed Daniel as we walked into the living room. He gestured for me to have a seat, which I did.

"I'll go inform my Dad about your arrival." He said, with a smile on his face.

My eyes went wide "Wait, is he interviewing me.... I mean, personally?"

Daniel nodded "Yes, but trust me it's going to be easy, there's nothing to worry about." And with that, Daniel left.

I knew Daniel said there was nothing to worry about, but it didn't stop my nervousness. I was so scared and I was afraid that if my heart, beats any harder it might burst out of my chest.