❤Chapter 4❤

This chapter is dedicated to Teefabulous for coming up with three awesome ship names.

************************************************************************

It was a sunny afternoon, Unwana, who happened to be my course mate, suggested we sit under a tree.

I spread my 'SMALL BUSINESS ENTERPRISE' handout on the green grass. Mrs Odeh who happened to be our Small business enterprise lecturer, gave us an almost impossible assignment last week.

"Ehem," I heard Unwana cleared her throat. I lifted my head to look at her, "I heard from Chidinma, that you had an interview yesterday." I rolled my eyes, Chidinma can never keep her mouth shut.

"Did she mentioned the type of job?" I asked Unwana. I needed to know if Chidinma went that far. It will be bad if she starts mentioning to everyone that I went for a house help interview.

"No..." Unwana pouted her brown lips, "But she said it pays well."

Well maybe Chidinma isn't a talkative.

I turned my attention back to my books. "Yeah it pays well, but I haven't received a feedback yet." I said without looking at her.

"What job is it again?" Gosh, can she get any less nosy.

"Hey, did you do Mrs Odeh's assignment?" I asked, trying to change the subject. Thank God it worked.

"I did. I paid Andrew to do it for me."

I looked at Unwana with stunned eye, "Andrew still does that?" Andrew was my ex boyfriend. Lol.... 100lvl boyfriend. After he had his fun with me, I thought life at school would be perfect. But Andrew had other plans. Andrew was poor just like me, he did people's assignments, so he could take care of himself and also pay his school fees.

One unfaithful day, Andrew walked up to me and decided to call it off. And his excuse was and I quote, "Itoro, understand me. I need to focus, I don't have money to be spending for both of us. You girls ask a lot." son of a bitch! And he was my first.

"He needs the money, what do you want him to do?" Unwana's voice brought me back to reality.

"Well, it's his life." I spat, before focusing my attention back on my work.

************************************************************************

I sat on my bed, looking at my torchlight Nokia phone. All of a sudden, I heard ruffling. I looked up to see that Chidinma had sat upright on her bed, her eyebrows furrowed has she looked down at her laptop.

"Chidinma, what is it?" I voiced out my thought. Chidinma didn't speak for a minute or two so I decided to ignore her.

"You've gotten an email," Chidinma answered. I swung my head once more to her direction.

"Is it from__"

"Yes!" Chidinma answered. And almost immediately I jumped out of my bed, and landed on hers. I looked down at her laptop to see the reply. Truly, there was a message from The Valentine's. I looked back at Chidinma.

"I've been accepted," I said with wide eyes, "I've been fucking accepted!"

"I know!" Chidinma mirrored my expression, "I'm so happy for you."

"Me too," I jumped with joy. Immediately I remembered Unwana, I stopped smiling.

"What is it?" Chidinma asked, her tone laced with concern.

I turned my attention to my best friend, "Chidinma, besides Gerald, don't mention this to anyone."

Chidinma stood up in front of me, as I watched her with confused gaze. She kept her left hand on her chest, and lifted her right hand. "I promise with your life Itoro, I won't mention this to anyone."