❤Chapter 9❤

I looked down at my phone as I checked my old messages, again. Its been fifteen minute Since Genesis and I, left his father's house and we haven't said a word to each other.

Beep! Beep!

I looked down at my phone to see the low battery warning. I released a nervous sigh as I shoved my phone inside my backpack.

"Get comfortable, I don't bite." Genesis' cool voice broke the silence. I tried seating upright, to get more comfortable. "You didn't answer my question earlier, What's your name?"

I looked at Genesis' warm brown eyes, I don't mind looking at those eyes every single day. I quickly shook my head when I remembered Genesis, just asked me a question.

"I-Itoro. I told you my name this morning." I reminded him about the time I walked into his room to clean up his messes.

"Oh," Genesis simply said, as he maneuvered his car to the school's gate. "I guess I forgot."

"It's normal," I said, as I tried to direct him to the girl's hostel but it seemed he knew where he was heading to.

Finally, Genesis packed his car in front of the girl's hostel. I looked at the direction to my room, to see Chidinma pacing back and forth.

She must really be worried and it's just 5:46pm.

I quickly turned to face Genesis. "Thank you for the ride, it means a lot."

"Now, we are even." Genesis said in a low tone.

I furrowed my brows at him, "What do you mean?"

Genesis cleared his throat as he averted his gaze from my face. "I heard you helped me last night and you were also the one who cleaned my mess this morning."

"I-It was my job Sir, I'm paid to clean up messes." I replied before looking out the window. Chidinma, hadn't noticed me yet. Maybe it was because the Windows were tinted.

"Well my old man didn't think it was your job to cleanup my mess." Genesis snapped, as he turned his gaze to my direction. Genesis glared daggers as he spoke his next words, "And now, because of my old man, I gave you a lift. You shouldn't thank me, go thank the old man that likes you for reasons unknown to me."

I felt a huge lump in my throat and at that moment, I kept asking my self; why do I like him again?

I finally regained my composure as I looked at Genesis' handsome face. I tried so hard to stay mad at him but I just couldn't find it in me. I guess the love - maybe not love. I guess what ever feelings I'm having for him, was too big to have room for hatred.

"I better get going," I said one last time before opening the door. I slammed the door shut and swung my backpack over my shoulders. Chidinma must have heard when I closed Genesis' car, cause she turned her head to my direction. When she notice I was the one, her natural large eyes grew even wider. She ran over to me and gave me a bear hug.

"Happy birthday, baby girl!!" Chidinma screeched.

"Calm down, you're embarrassing me." I whispered to her. I used the corner of my eyes to see if Genesis' car was still there and to my surprise, he hadn't left. I began to wonder why.

"Who's in there?" Chidinma pointed at Genesis' car.

"Genesis," I said as I escaped from her bear hug.

"Oh," Chidinma said excitedly, "Should I go say hi?"

"I advise you not to." I shook my head at her. Chidinma squinted her eyes to examine my face, I felt uncomfortable under her gaze. "Chidinma, why are you looking at me like that?"

"Why are your eyes red? Were you crying or about to cry?" Chidinma questioned. I remembered the conversation I had with Genesis just now. I looked at the back and saw that his car was still there.

"Nothing Chidinma, let's go." I pulled her by the wrist and dragged her towards our dorm. "Hope you bought good gift for me this year?"

"Aha!" Chidinma laughed, "When have I ever given you a bad gift?"

"Let me see...." I put my pointy finger on my chin and looked at space, pretending to be in thought.

"Last year you__"

"Alright! Geez, let's just go in." Chidinma quickly said before rushing into our room. I stood there, laughing at my best friend's behavior.

I dared myself to look at Genesis' car again. When I did, I noticed it was no longer there.