❤Chapter 27❤

Above is a picture of Genesis' room ❤

Enjoy.

************************************ ************************************
Musa opened the front gate as Genesis, maneuvered his car into his father's compound. He found his personal spot and parked his car smoothly. We all got down from the car, as Musa ran to hail Genesis. He then turned his attention towards me.

"Itoro, Akwaibom queen, welcome. You come resume work?"

I laughed at Musa's words. I wasn't happy cause of Chidinma's death, but that doesn't mean I'll make everyone around me unhappy.

"I'll start tomorrow, Musa." I informed him. He nodded before pointing to the gate.

"Duty post needs me," Musa said, as he quickly walked to his gate and grasped a very big radio, and placed it close to his ear.

"That guy is funny," Gerald commented.

"That's Musa for you," Genesis said as he held my hands. "Let's go in."

We all walked into the mansion. Once inside the living room, Gerald gasped as he scanned the sitting room.

"Dude, just how rich are you?!" exclaimed Gerald.

"I'm not rich," Genesis shrugged "My Father is."

Gerald rolled his eyes, "That's what rich people say. How much is the salary for a gardener? I want to freaking work here!"

Genesis chuckled as he held Gerald's shoulder. "Instead of working here as a labourer in my dad's house, I could say one or two words to my dad, to let you work in his company after graduation. But now, we have something very important on our plate." Gerald nodded, as we decided to head upstairs.

"Itoro," We all stopped as I heard my name. Atinuke stood at the kitchen entrance, with her hands folded below her chest. "Can I see you?"

Genesis looked at me with concern, which made me to signal him that I'd be okay, with my eyes.

"Come on man," Gerald said as he tapped Genesis' shoulder. "Show me the way to your room, before I get lost in this huge mansion." I watched as Genesis directs Gerald, until they were out of sight.

I walked towards Atinuke, as I raised my brows at her. "Yes?"

"Who's that cute guy with you and Genesis?"

Is she kidding me right now?

"Non'Your," I said to her.

"What's Non'Your?" Atinuke asked curiously.

"None your business," I said triumphantly, before walking out on her. I had more important things to do, than to discuss about Gerald with someone who has made my life miserable from the beginning.

I began to hurry towards Genesis' room, but bumped into someone on the way.

"Can everyone not stop me today?!" I snapped with my eyes shut, out of frustration.

"Itoro?" I opened my eyes to see Daniel, looking at me with stunned and confused gaze. "What are you doing here?"

I looked at him, feeling a little bit confused, then decided to lie. "Working. I'm on my way to...... To clean Genesis' room. Are you surprised to see me? I would have informed you of my coming but, I wasn't aware that my stay in the village would be short."

Daniel nodded slowly, before smiling his signature smile. "I get it," He said smiling down at me. "I'll see you later." I nodded as he quickly walked away. I simply shrugged it off to be his normal behavior, as I rushed to Genesis' room.

I knocked on Genesis' door, before turning the knob. I walked into his room, to see Gerald gushing over Genesis' stuff. Genesis simply laid on his bed as he watched Gerald with amused expression.

"Okay...." I dragged as I sat on Genesis' bed. "Gerald come on, we've got important things that could lead us to Chidinma's killer." that did the trick cause within seconds, Gerald was already seated on Genesis' bed.

I brought out the folded letter and unfolded it for everyone to see. We all stared at the written words on it.

Call Me.

"I don't get this puzzle," I said to both guys.

"Try Chidinma's number again?" Gerald asked. I guessed it was supposed to be a statement but it came out as a question. "I-I mean," He continued, "It clearly said 'call me', and it was on Chidinma's bag. I guess we could call her number again." I nodded at his theory, as I brought out my phone. I dialed Chidinma's number, as I hoped for something positive to happen.

"The number you're trying to call, is not reachable at the moment. Please try again later, thank you." The annoying girl's voice filled the atmosphere.

I looked at Gerald as I communicated with him with my eyes, that calling Chidinma's number was out of the question. I looked at Genesis who hadn't spoken a word since I arrived at his room. He was looking at the paper with so much concentration. Almost immediately, he got up from his bed and walked out of his room.

"What's going on with him?" Gerald asked me and I simply shrugged.

Soon Genesis came rushing into his room, with a bowl filled with liquid in his hands, and a tiny paintbrush in it.

"Itoro," Genesis called out, as he gently placed the bowl on the reading table. "Come with the note. Gerald, come over."

We both walked towards him, as I held the paper securely in my hands. I placed the paper on his reading table as Gerald and I, watched him in anticipation.

Genesis held the paintbrush, as he used it to stir the liquid in the bowl. He then lifted the paintbrush, and placed it under the word 'call me'. He gently stroke the plain space and within seconds, numbers began to appear.

"As I guessed," Genesis voiced out, "It was written with an invisible ink." I looked down at the numbers that were now visible for us to see.

"Quick," Gerald nudged me, "Call the damn number!" I nodded my head quickly as I brought out my phone. Genesis gently whispered to Gerald and I to calm down. With haste, I dialed the number and waited patiently for it to ring. It was on loud speaker, so everyone would listen to what was about to go down.

On the third ring, we heard breathing on the other end of the phone. We waited patiently for the individual to say his or her hellos, but we were met with silence.

Gerald who was fed up, decided to voice out. "Hello?"

We all heard a gasp from the other side, before the individual decided to speak.

"Gerald?"

I stepped back a little, as my gaze met Gerald's. We both knew by our gaze that we were thinking the same thing. We both diverted our attention back to my phone as we voiced out the one thing that was lingered in our minds.

"Chidinma?!"

************************************************************************************************************

A/N Hey guys! New update.

So, what do you think about this chapter?
Let me know in the comments below⤵

Also, don't forget to make an author happy by voting 🌟

Till next time,

Much love,

X
-Eddy