❤Chapter 3❤

I was just waiting for our tardy lecturer, when it occurred to me .... "I should update."

Another wonderful cover by djdiamondmind1738

Enjoy 😊

************************************************************************

I waited patiently as I sat on the couch. Not long, I started hearing voices. I swung my head to the side to see Daniel and an older man who I assumed might be Mr Valentine, descending from the stairs.

Mr Valentine, walked towards a large looking red chair and sat down. I stood up from my seat as a sign of respect.

"Have your seat," Mr Valentine quickly said and surprisingly, he sounded nice.

I sat back and saw Daniel with the corner of my eyes, leaning against the white walls.

"You're here for the house help job, am I right?"

My heart couldn't stop beating, no matter how hard I tried. "Yes Sir,"

"And what's your name?"

"Itoro Samuels, Sir." I replied.

Mr Valentine nodded. "How old are you?"

"N-Nineteen Sir," I replied with a gulp. The questions were easy, but I was sweating like I just ran a marathon.

Mr Valentine, looked over at his son before looking back at me. "And you're in school?"

"Y-Yes Sir," I stuttered. "200lvl."

Mr Valentine sat upright to look at me.  "Are you sure you'll be able to cope, even with your studies?" I swung my head to the side, it was Daniel who had asked me those questions.

"Yes Sir," I said, "I school downtown, not too far from here."

"School downtown?" Mr Valentine asked.

"Same University with Genesis, Father."

"Oh," Mr Valentine nodded, as if remembering something. "Well," Mr Valentine continued, "Are you hardworking? Cause, I don't like seeing my staff lazing around."

"Yes Sir, v-very hard working." I answered.

"And you know the salary at hand, is it enough?"

My eyes sockets shot out; was he kidding me just now?

"Y-Yes Sir," I nodded my head frantically. "The salary is more than enough."

"It's alright," Mr Valentine cleared his throat. "Daniel my eldest son, will email you if at all we consider you. If we do consider you, you'll have to send your schedule. Since you're still a student, we'll let you work part-time so it won't clash with your studies. But be rest assured, the salary remains the same."

I knelt in front of Mr Valentine. "Thank you Sir, thank you so much." 

"We haven't decided yet Miss Samuels, but we will get back to you."

"Thank you Sir," I said once more before retrieving my back pack. "I'll be leaving now Sir." Mr Valentine, gave me a gentle smile before nodding his head.

"I'll see her to the gate, Father." Daniel informed his dad.

Mr Valentine waved him off. "I better see what Atinuke is preparing in the kitchen."

"Alright father." Daniel gestured for me to leave the living room, which I did. I walked side by side with him as we headed to the gate.

"I told you it would be easy," Daniel spoke, which made me smile.

"Yeah I know, but my heart had a mind of its own."

"You did great, I can tell father was impressed."

"You think?" I needed reassurance.

"I know." Daniel smiled at me.

We finally arrived at the large gate, "Thank you Daniel."

"You don't have to thank me, you did all the work yourself. I hope to contact you soon."

'Honk! Honk!' Sounded a car horn outside the gate. Musa ran to open the gate.

An expensive car with ear deafening music, drove into the compound.

"Genesis," Daniel grumbled. Daniel brought his gaze back to my face. "I guess you should be on your way?" A gentle smile formed on his face.

"Y-Yes," I nodded, but not before looking at the black car with loud music. The windows were tinted, so I couldn't see the occupant of the expensive looking car.

"Have a nice day Miss Samuels,"

"You too um.... Mr Valentine?" I replied awkwardly. I was calling his dad Mr Valentine, and now I just called Daniel with his last name which was Valentine.

I walked over to the gate, Musa opened it for me but not before surprising me with his actions.

"Sorry about my actions earlier," Musa said.

I smiled at him, "And I'm sorry too, for.... Insulting the shape of your head in my mind."

Musa chuckled again, which surprised me even more. "Bye um...."

"Itoro," I helped him out.

"You be calabar girl?"

"Akwaibom," I corrected him. "Bye Musa." With those last words, I left the Valantine's residence.

************************************************************************************************************

A/N Hey guys it's me, your wonderful author *smiles shyly*

I know a lot might be saying, "Write a scene about Genesis and Itoro already! This is the fucking third chapter!!"

Well the thing is, I don't want to rush my characters, I want them to fill more - Human. But I promise, you'll see a lot of scenes about Itoro and Genesis.

For the mean time, I need a Ship name. My roommate and I have been brain storming, but I guess finding ship names with Nigerian names are hard.

Would love to hear your suggestions.
Genesis Itoro. (try combining those two names 😊). The one with the best ship name, gets a dedication for next chapter.

Next update: Saturday.

Much love,

X

-Eddy