❤Chapter 37❤

This chapter is dedicated to all C.R.U.S.H readers out there, love you all ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Enjoy,
************************************************************************

      Genesis' POV (Point of View)

I watched nervously, as the doctor and his nurses, wheeled Itoro into the hospital. They placed an oxygen mask big enough to cover her nose and mouth, so as to enable her to breathe. I watched as they walked into a double door, labeled 'Theater'.

I saw a nurse about to run pass me and I quickly held her upper arm, to stop her. "Please, answer me." I panted, "Will she be alright?"

The nurse looked at me as she tried to think of what she'll say, so as to not scare the shit outta me. I sensed as Gerald, Chidinma and Bolaji, move closer so as to listen to the nurse's reply.

"They are taking her to the theater, to take out the bullet stuck in her stomach. I actually don't know if the bullets went deep into her stomach to cause any damage. But right now, I'm needed at the theater, to assist the doctor." She quickly said, and I let go of her hand.

"This is all my fault, all my fault." I began to say to myself. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I whipped my body to see that it belonged to Bolaji.

"It's not your fault," Bolaji tried to calm me down. I looked ahead, to see Chidinma crying in Gerald's arms.

"They hate me," I said to Bolaji, as I gestured to Chidinma and Gerald. "None of them will ever forgive me if something happens to Itoro. Heck, I'll never forgive myself, if something ever happens to her. God, I feel so stupid." I sighed, same time the doctor rushed out of the theater, and walked over to a lady typing away in her computer. After giving orders to the lady, he decided to rush back into the room.

The four of us, all rushed to the doctor before he could make it back into the room.

"Doctor," I breathed out. "How's she?"

The doctor looked at all four of us, before sighing. "Who amongst you is related to her?"

"I-I...." I tried to think of the right thing to say, "I'm her boyfriend."

"We're both her best friends," Chidinma said as she pointed at Gerald and herself.

"I need a signature from a family member," The doctor said slowly, "And a deposit of a hundred thousand naira."

"What the hell?!" Chidinma exclaimed, as she looked at Gerald. "Do you have a hundred thousand naira?" She asked him.

"No," Gerald said as he checked his phone, to look at his account balance. "I've got forty,"

"And I've got only Fifty-five!" Chidinma exclaimed.

I shook my head, as I tried to focus on the doctor. "Her only brother is in Akwaibom. We're her only hope. Please let me sign the papers, and I'll immediately pay the money into the hospital's account through e - payment.

"Alright," The doctor sighed as he walked over to the lady with a computer, and retrieved a paper. He walked over to me and gave me to sign.

"We succeeded in removing a bullet, but the second bullet damaged her intestine, and now she needs urgent surgery. That's why you are depositing that much." The doctor explained as I did the transfer.

"Please doctor," I pleaded. "Save her life." The doctor patted me on the shoulder twice, before rushing into the theater.

I sat on a plastic chair, as I buried my face in my palm. "This is all my fault,"  I couldn't help but scold myself. I felt a presence sit beside me, I lifted my head and turned to the side, to see Chidinma looking at me. I sighed as I leaned back, "I know you want to scold me right now, but can you do it later?"