❤Chapter 28❤

This chapter is dedicated to VioletJoe

Above is a picture of Andrew ❤

Enjoy.

************************************************************************

I felt insane, this felt insane. Was I growing mad? Did I miss Chidinma so much that I was now hallucinating her voice? No that can't be right, Gerald also confirmed that this individual sounded like Chidinma.

We actually hung up on her cause we were scared to death to even continue the conversation.

"Try calling her again," Gerald urged me nervously.

"You think?" I widened my eyes at him. "If I call her again, I might fall my phone to the ground out of fright."

"Then I'll hold it," Genesis piped in. "And I could ask the questions, if you guys are not composed yet." He then looked at me with sincere gaze, "It's gonna be alright. We ain't the force but, we're gonna get to the bottom of this."

I nodded at his reassuring words and dialed the number again. I gave the phone to Genesis, and on the fourth ring, it was being answered.

"Hello?" Genesis asked as he held the phone in front of us.

"Are you going to hang up on me again?" I chuckled a little bit and so did Gerald. That was something only Chidinma would say on the phone. Wait a minute! I grasped the phone from Genesis, with stunned eyes.

"Chidinma, is that really you?" I gasped as Gerald moved closer to me.

"Yes dimwit, it's me. Don't you know your best friend's voice again?"

Gerald laughed happily as he leaned closer to the phone. "Where are you? I'm coming to get you."

"I'm save Gerald," Chidinma voiced out, "I-I'll explain everything. I'll send you a text of where we'll meet this Saturday. I promise, I'll explain everything."

I shook my head still feeling confused, "We saw a headless body wearing your clothes and accessories. She even had your phone, and her body shape and skin tone matches yours. What exactly is going on? I hope I'm not talking to a ghost."

Chidinma laughed her annoying, mockingly sweet laugh, before sighing. "I'm not a ghost babes. I'll send an address to you. I'll see you on Saturday and explain everything to you. Promise."

"I believe you," I whispered.

"Be safe Chidinma, Just please..... Be safe." Gerald pleaded as we looked at the phone and waited for Chidinma's respond.

"I am save, just be careful. And tell Genesis this, 'The Devil is closer than you think'." That made Genesis to tense up a bit as he snatched the phone from my grip.

"What do you mean by that?! What do you mean by_____!" Before he could finish his sentence, Chidinma had already hung up.

"What the hell does your friend mean?!" Genesis asked harshly.

I simply shrugged as Gerald replied, "No clue man,"

************************************************************************

"Are you sure that you're gonna be alright?" Genesis asked as he leaned in for a kiss.

"I'm just going to get into my room, get a shower and go to class. I promise, after class I'll grab a few things and come stay with you for a few days." I tried to convince him.

Genesis had given me a ride to school, and told me he'll wait for me in front of my room and follow me like a bodyguard round school cause he cared about my safety. Chidinma's warning didn't go well with him, he was actually freaking out that he almost went back to his drinking habit. He wanted me to stay with him at his father's house, until everything surrounding us becomes clear. I agreed to it, but not the 'following me around school' part.