Chapter 2

An election eve poll finds that 52% of surveyed voters plan to vote for Smith, and she needs a majority of (more than 50%) to win without a runoff. The margin of error in the poll is 3 percentage points. Will she win?

For other people the question was enough to pull their brains out, but call Kim Jisoo sadistic because she's the type who always loves a challenge, especially when it comes to her school work...

"JISOO-YAH!!!"

Jisoo pulls out her headphone makes sure she's hearing right...

"KIM JISOO! COME HERE NOW!"

Somebody was calling her, and the tone of her mother's voice was something that made her gulp nervously.

Her and Yerim's parents are most of the time easy going (too much if you ask Jisoo) so to hear that stern, serious tone in their voice meant one thing... she was in trouble.

*****

"Mom? Dad?"

Jisoo felt like she was walking to her funeral both her parents are sitting stiff in the couch, with their arms cross, their faces looks stern and Yeri could hardly look at her.

"Is everything okay?"

"Sit down here now, we have to talk..."

Jisoo gulps worriedly again before sitting in the couch across her family.

"W-what's wrong?"

"I'm so sorry, unnie..." Yeri apologizes tearfully...

"Don't say anything Yerim..." Their father raised his hand to silence Yeri... "What is this rumor we heard about you having a girlfriend? Is it true?"

Oh God... Oh God... Oh God... If you can hear me now, it's me Kim Jisoo...

"Why did we have to hear it from Yerim, rather than you?"

"Mom... dad... I can explain..."

"Stop... you can explain later..."

Jisoo can't hardly bear to look at her parents, she couldn't bear the thought of giving them all this shame.

"You can explain after we throw a PARTY!!!!"

Jisoo and Yeri exchanged shock looks as they see their parents getting off their feet and started jiving, her mom throwing confetti at her while her dad is blowing a birthday whistle...

"W-what?! I... I don't understand..."

"THIS IS THE HAPPIEST DAYS OF OUR LIVES!!!"

"There is nothing more to understand, Chu, me and your mother have always been worried that nobody would want to date you because you always have that stick up your hiney..."

Jisoo raised her brow. "Stick up my hiney?"

"Yes... sweetheart... you are so young, but you act so serious..."

"Aren't you even upset that I'm rumored to be with a girl?"

"Well...ummm...Maybe if your girl looks like a dude, we would be upset... but how can you not like someone as adorable as Jennie?"

Jisoo's whole vision darkened at the thought...

"And besides girl on girl are the in thing now... like you know... ahhh..." Her dad scratches his forehead to think...

"Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez..."

Jisoo smacks her forehead hard...

"But come to think of it, at least were sure you're never going to be one of those teen moms..."