Chapter 18

Whenever Wendy feels like the world is being cruel to her, she tells herself one thing.

"Every fairy tale begins in pain, before they have their happy ending."

And if anybody is meant to be in a fairy tale, it should be her. She, Wendy Son was the ideal star for a Disney Princess movie. Last time that Wendy checked in the mirror, she swore to God (blasphemy aside) that she has the making of a Disney Princess. She has her lethal eyesmile and milky white skin, and a fiery soul that could move people to tears.

Screw Mulan! So what if she pretended to be some dude? fell in love with some general? Then she saved an entire country? That's like a freaking plot to a kdrama! The Wendy Son story has more fairy tale princess involved.

Speaking of Mulan... As she was surrounded by lush greenery and brilliant blue sky, Wendy felt like it was the perfect time to shoot her OST MV inside her head.

"Look at me, you might think you see who I really am... But you'll never know me."

But right before she could belt it out, someone decided to cockblock her fantasy.

"Oh I do know you, Wendy Son!"

"Oh hello sir..." Wendy giggles embarrassingly, hoping she could melt the heart of her community service leader with her eyesmile.

From the stern look from his narrowed eyes, it was obvious that he was a heartless mutant who doesn't appreciate the beauty of God's creation right in front of him.

"What are you doing just standing there?" He strides closer, trying to intimidate the girl to work. "You're supposed to be here for your community service."

"But Sir... I'm Wendy Son... My enigmatic presence is my service to the community."

The instructor was ready to fire back, but decided not to mess with Son anymore if he wants to live in this world stress free.

"Sir! Sir!" She calls out as her instructor shoved a rake in her hand. "SIRRRRR!!!! What am I going to do with this thingy?! SIRRRRR!!!!!"

But whatever, her instructor's rudeness is not going to ruin her from her epic music video. So, with her rake as a makeshift microphone and the park as her setting, she's ready to rule the Disney Soundtrack Chart.

"Who is that girl that I see?"

"Wendy unnie it's me!"

"Unnie?!" Wendy wonders who could be calling her unnie.

"Wendy UNNIIIIIEEEE?!"

"Who on Earth- is- Oh..." The girl finally realized who was calling her. The giant kid Jennie awkwardly perched on top of the jungle gym.

Jennie used her cupped hands as her imaginary megaphone as she yells at Wendy down below.

"What are you doing here, unnie? I don't see you as an outdoorsy type."

"Me either." Wendy agrees. "That's why I feel so weird being surrounded with so much ummm... green, tall things."

Jennie's cat eyes flutter in confusion. "You mean trees?"

"Yes those... and these green itchy things on the ground."

"The grass?"

"Oh yes, those things. So, how about you? What are you doing here? Or on top of this giant thingy to be more specific?"

Wendy instantly realized that she hit on a sensitive topic, when the usual bright cat eyes of Jennie were now suddenly hazed with sadness. Somehow that didn't bode well with Wendy. Jennie was much closer to her other "friends" Chaeyoung and Lisa, but she had always like the girl especially for Jisoo. Yes, Jennie might be a little too hyperactive for her taste, but her perky innocence always has an effect even to the Scrooges and Grinches of the world.