Chapter 17

"My bear?"

Usually whenever Jennie utters embarrassing nickname, the tanned girl would react either blatantly or subtly. Sometimes Jisoo would yell at Jennie, or just roll her eyes and let Jennie be the choding that she is.

But this time Jisoo didn't even move a single muscle.

"Chu?"

Still nothing...

"Jisoo?"

The student council office is filled with buzzing voices, except for Jisoo who looks too focus at her task at hand.

It seems like after that incident, Jisoo developed some kind of hearing problem or more specific she becomes deaf whenever Jennie is calling for her.

Everyone seems to notice this, except for Jennie because here she is, like a puppy still whimpering and whining to get her master's attention.

"Ji-"

"What is it Jennie?"

Everyone knew better and shut their mouth when they heard the stern tone in Jisoo's voice. Even Jennie got the hint that Jisoo wants nothing to do with her.

But even if Jennie didn't say anything, her eyes revealed more than she's intending to show. Jisoo's voice sounded so sharp that it was enough to cut through Jennie's breaking heart.

"I-I-I'm just wondering if there is something I could do to help?"

"You're not part of the student government, so don't worry about it."

Jisoo snapped at her again, and this time Jennie got the idea. Jisoo did not want her there, or more specifically does not want her breathing the same air she does.

"Oh okay." Jennie forced a smile, unfortunately Jisoo was too engrossed on gathering her stuff that she didn't see the pained look in Jennie's face.

"Where are you going?" Jennie could only manage a little squeak.

"Jisoo?"

Jennie couldn't tell if it was the distance, or Jisoo's hearing problem why Jisoo ignored her again. Or maybe she did heard her perfectly, she just doesn't care.

***************

But Jisoo does care, she just doesn't have the will to admit it.

Looking back at Jennie was an unconscious habit that grew out of nowhere. Everytime she and Jennie part ways, something inside Jisoo would urge her to look back.

And today was no different...

Even if Jisoo tries to stop herself, still she couldn't help it. When she saw Jennie's slump state right there in the hallway, how she wished she fought herself not to look back.

Does she really have the right to get mad at Jennie? The girl didn't do anything wrong, yet Jisoo is punishing her like she threw a puppy in a river. But the question is, if Jennie didn't do anything wrong, why does it hurt so bad?

***************

Flashback

Their kiss feels like the loveliest feeling in this world. It started out so innocently, they kiss a couple of times but for Jennie every kiss felt like a first kiss. Her girl's lips tasted so good that the younger girl is willing to give up every food known in the entire universe if it meant kissing her forever.

Jennie was lost in their kisses, but all it took was the feeling of someone fidgeting with the button on her blouse to shook her back to reality.