4

The door slammed shut, vibrating the room with the force. The sound of it was like a knife to his heart. He sucked in a sharp breath at the noise and jumped slightly. Lucas' chest hurt, his heart rapidly beating in its cage as he stood in the middle of the empty room. The breath in his lungs rushed in and out quickly as he tried to calm himself. He was angry at Ty for disagreeing with him, he was angry that the boy thought that he was just being used.

He was just angry all around.

The words that he'd wanted to say to Ty lingered painfully in his mind. Obviously the boy hadn't understood him. Maybe it was because he didn't get the point across well enough. Of course, things had escalated so quickly that he'd hardly had time to think of his responses properly. Lucas didn't want Ty to fight because he was worried.

Worried that Kivar would make good on his threat. Worried that, despite Ty's insistence, the possibility of thrown Drezair back to hell was a very real one. Reaching up, he clenched his hair between his fingers and flopped down onto the couch. The Vampire ground his teeth as he sat there, frustrated. None of the words that he'd meant to say had come out and now he'd pissed off Ty. Who knew what it would take to get the boy to come back and speak with him on the subject again.

"Damnit," he cursed softly to himself. He pulled at his hair harder, making it burn on his scalp. Falling over, he hit the couch and then rolled onto his back. Lifting his arms, he peered up at the ceiling with his elbows framing his vision. He tried to think of what he could possibly say to make it up to Ty.

At the back of his mind though, he recalled a similar conversation. He and Ahndrai had had a fight as well, except Lucas hadn't pushed the subject as far as he did this time. Ahndrai had said almost the same thing; that he had his reasons for fighting in the war too and that Lucas couldn't keep him from fighting.

"Ahndrai... what do I do now?"

A knock came at the door and before Lucas could answer or do anything, it pushed open. Nameia gazed down at him, her brown eyes wide and her breathing was rapid as if she'd just finished running a marathon. The Vampire sat up, curious as to what it was.

"Lucas, its Ty."

His heart nearly stopped, with wide eyes he stood up, "What happened? Is he alright?"

She shook her head, "He won't be if this carries on any longer. The Families took him."

"What?! Why would they do that!?"

"Seems like they saw him in his demon form and are convinced that he's a demon. Ember feels terrible, it's why he's not here."

"Why?"

"He told them that Ty was the one you'd bitten. The Families are having a huge fit over this and they are determined."

"Determined..." he breathed, "Determined to do what?"

"Prove that he's a full fledge demon. They're talking about rituals and other magic's that I really don't think would be all that great for Ty. Even if he can't die."

"How did you find out about this?"

"I saw Ty storm down the hallway and got intercepted by the men in black," she replied with a roll of her eyes at the end of her sentence. Crossing her arms she gave Lucas a stern look, "What the hell was up with him anyway. He totally disregarded me."

The Vampire felt his face heat, "We... had a fight."

"About what?" she asked impatiently with a shrug of her shoulders.

"I told him that I didn't want him to a part of this war anymore. It just... escalated after that. I probably said a few things that I shouldn't have and didn't say what I should have."

"Yeah, well that's what usually happens when couples fight. He'll get over it. Now come on. We got to convince the Families that he's not a demon."

"I don't know if he will," Lucas muttered to himself but got to his feet anyway. He let Nameia lead the way. As they left the council room, his heart was heavy and his thoughts still lingered on the words that he'd said. What was even more upsetting was the look that he'd received from Ty just before the boy had left the room. He'd looked... shocked, astonished even, but the look right after was what hurt the most.

Ty's face was... sad.

Lucas squeezed his eyes shut and shook his head slightly. He would definitely have to do something to make it up to him. They had ended on such a terrible note. It left a bitter taste in his mouth. The Vampire bit his lip, trying to ignore the horrid feeling welling in his stomach.

Ahead of him, Nameia pushed open the door of the gymnasium that the Families had commandeered as their own. She didn't wait for approval but waltzed right in which made Lucas' a little more than just nervous. However, his nervousness didn't last as immediately he spotted Ty and his throat tightened.

"Ty!" he shouted and started forward, trying to get to the boy. However he was stopped by several figures cloaked in black.

Ty looked up. At first he frowned at Lucas, anger still on his features which made Lucas despair. After a moment, he sighed and offered his customary grin, his deep emerald eyes glittering like they always did when he was feeling rather feisty. The human was on the floor with a glowing circle underneath him that swirled with several different symbols and intricate patterns. Around his wrists was a similar design encircling his hands, essentially cuffing him there.

"Well this saves me the trouble of coming to get you."

Lucas looked up and glowered as he was still held tightly between the two Vampires, "What's the meaning of this?"

"Nice way to greet your father," the man huffed angrily and drew forth to stand next to Ty. Reaching down he took a handful of the boys black hair and lifted his head backwards, "Seems you've bitten something that you shouldn't have. Don't worry, we'll rectify that soon enough."