9

"This is Izoldei we're talking about Ember. One doesn't just storm the dungeons of the Families. You've got to be out of your mind..." Lucas said, a clip in his tone as he glowered at the younger Vampire. He was frustrated at the idea given, but at the same time it was the only idea they had.

"Got anything better? Or do you just want to leave your boyfriend there to be tortured to death? You know they will."

The Vampire bristled at the comment, his eyes widening slightly and teeth clenching together tightly as he sat on the couch in the student council room. Of course he didn't want to leave Ty there. It was killing him just knowing that he'd been taken away. Not to mention he was still guilty over the fight they'd had not long before hand.

"No, I don't want to leave him there."

"Well then the only way we're getting him back is by storming the place."

"Alright look, as much as I love the idea of torching the Families at this moment, I really don't think it's all that great of an idea to just run right on in without knowing a thing or two about the place," Nameia cut in, leaning forward to rest her elbows on her knees and knit her slender fingers together.

"Besides, you have to think about your family and their relations to mine to," Lucas muttered.

"Screw that," she snapped, "As soon as my family finds out about this, our ties with yours will be cut."

Lucas frowned, closing his eyes as he let his head hang forward. There was a heavy sigh from across the room and someone shifted. The hand on his shoulder was Nameia's, the warm touch and strong grip was hard to mistaken for someone else's.

"You know what I mean. You were never really close to your family to begin with, so we don't consider you as tightly connected to them like you may think. You still have us."

The Vampire shifted and looked up into her brown gaze. She smiled at him and he couldn't help but smirk just a bit in return. With a sigh he glanced up to the others who surrounded him.

"This isn't going to be easy," he remarked.

Ember grinned at him, leaning back he wrapped an arm around the girls shoulders, "No one said it would be. Besides! I like a challenge."

"Yeah, well some of us aren't reckless and stupid," Nameia snapped at him and folded her arms across her chest as she plopped down next to Lucas.

"I've only heard rumors about Izoldei... what is it exactly?" Dimiyen asked, her rustic eyes wide with curiosity and a bit of fear.

"A fortress where criminals are imprisoned; or they used to be imprisoned. Now it's used for captured Stalkers. They get interrogated on the location of Kivar. At least that's what the Families say to the public."

"Oh this just keeps getting better and better... What else, Lucas?" Nameia asked.

"It's the largest stone structure built ever, well aside from the time when Kings and Queens were still ruling the lands. Not only do we have to try to get into a solid stone castle, but we have to get passed all the Vampire guards as well. If, and only if we manage to do that, then there's the daunting task of trying to find Ty. There are multiple levels and there's no way of knowing which one he'll be on."

Lucas' gaze lingered on Ember who grinned at him from across the small coffee table that separated the two couches. The younger Vampire shifted and looked at the girl sitting next to him.

"This is Taylial. She's the one I asked you about the other day, Lucas."

"I told you not to bring her into this," the Vampire hissed, glaring at the younger one with a look that could kill instantly.

"Well, like your Ty, she's damned stubborn. Want to know something else? She's got this wonderful knack-" as Ember spoke the girl smiled sweetly and then faded from view, "Of disappearing."

Nameia narrowed her eyes, her arms uncrossing as she startled next to Lucas. The Vampire glanced around, trying to see if he could catch some sort of shift in the room to find her again. It wasn't until her voice whispered in his ear and a hand on his shoulder revealed her position.

Taylial reappeared right behind him, grinning, "Hey. Wanna know the best part?" The hand on his shoulder tightened as he watched her from over his shoulder. She raised a hand and held the finger against her lips. Black eyes reflected her smile as she stood there.

"Lucas!" Nameia shouted suddenly and Lucas twisted around to see that the demi-God was now searching frantically for him. All the while, Ember sat with an amused look on his face, laughing lightly. His cute looks returned as he sat there, giggling uncontrollably.

"Told you that I wanted to help you Lucas. I'll do anything I can to do so. I hope this satisfies."

Taylial removed her hand from his shoulder and the demi-God jumped a third time. Nameia glowered at the girl and at Ember. Certainly it had given the Vampire more hope than he'd had moments before. Even so, there was still one little detail that remained.

"Alright, that's a great start. But there's still one more problem," he said, arching an eyebrow at them.

"What's that?" Dimiyen asked.

"How the hell do we get in?"