33

Something pounded into the door, vibrating the wood. Ty looked sharply towards the noise, his heart kicking into a rapid race as adrenaline pumped through him. Drezair's strength and energy flooded him, helping to pick his body up from its weakened state.

"Expecting company? Where are we, by the way?"

"No... we weren't," Nameia answered coldly as she turned to face the entrance to the room.

"We're at the school, I was using one of the empty meeting rooms that the teachers use to keep your body frozen," Dimiyen answered.

"No wonder I feel like I was a freakin' human popsicle..." Ty muttered and slid off the table where he'd been laying.

As he stood, the door cracked and finally gave way to whomever had been pounding on it. Dimiyen gave a short shout of surprise and lifted her hands as pieces of wood went flying throughout the room. Ty flexed his hands, tightening his body as he narrowed his eyes at the intruder.

A black cloaked figure came into the room slowly. From the cloak, Ty figured it to be one of the Families. His lips twisted up in a grin as he watched the hooded face turn toward him.

"It is probably Lucas' father. We encountered him on our way here," Drezair offered, his voice echoing in Ty's mind.

"Shall we take care of this annoyance?" Ty asked in return.

"Just don't kill him, you don't know how Lucas would respond."

"Good point... I'm sure he's already bad enough right now."

"So the girls have told me."

"Tyrathane. And here I thought I would get lucky and you'd be dead. But I suppose that I was a bit too late in stopping that demon."

Ty hummed, "Yeah, would seem like it," he answered with a grin.

"Why don't we make this easy and you reject the demon's contract."

"Sorry old man. Not gonna happen. I kinda need to be around. Lots of stuff I need to do and all."

"I thought you might say something like that," Cahastile muttered and his hand snapped upwards.

The energy that hit Ty sent him flying and he crashed into the wall on the other side of the table. With an audible crack, the boy hit the floor, completely winded. Pushing himself up, he coughed hard to get his lungs opened again. Back on his feet, Ty's entire forearm glowed with Drezair's silvery magic. With a wild grin, he swiped at the air towards Cahastile and a long arched blade shot at the Vampire.

The strike hit the man straight on and tossed him backwards out through the door. Taking his other hand Ty drew it across his upper lip, just under his nose. Tossing his body up and over the table, he slid across it partway and stalked towards the Vampire that he'd just thrown through the door.

"Ty!" Nameia yelled.

He lifted a hand at her, "Yeah, I know. Don't kill him right?"

The demi-God's lips pulled into a tight frown as Ty turned to wink at her. Stepping out into the schools long hallway, he watched as Lucas' father got back up to his feet. With his arm still swirling in magic, Ty watched the other man carefully.

"You are a pain in my ass you know? I would love to do Lucas a favor and tear your heart out, but I doubt he'd like that very much. So why don't you make this easy and just leave."

"And let a demon do what he wants to my son?"

"Oh stop the damned fake concern, that's really annoying I hope you know. We both know you don't give a damn about Lucas, hell you tried to kill him."

Cahastile glowered at him as he stood there, his jaw visibly tightening. Ty watched him steadily. He didn't move, however he didn't release the silvery magic that was Drezair's power. Slowly Cahastile looked over Ty's shoulder and noted the demi-God and the Fae in the other room, watching. The Vampire took a slow step backwards, his arms lowering to his sides as his body straightened.

"My attention is needed elsewhere seeing as a demon gate was opened and now there are rampant creatures abound. Expect my return when I'm finished with that mess, Tyrathane."

"Ooh, I'm so looking forward to it," he grinned in return.

Cahastile's body shuddered and then he disappeared altogether. Only then did Ty release the magic that had engulfed his arm. Turning on his heel, he looked back at the girls with a smile.

"Coward of a man. At least Lucas didn't take after his father. So where is he?"