12

The door to the cell slammed opened and Ty's body fell forward as he was released from the magic that the group of black robed figures had been casting on him. Exhausted, aching all over, his vision wavered as he tried to look to see who had just interrupted the spell. Everything blurred as he shifted his head upwards to look towards the door.

Ty heard voices, a terrified shout from across the room, then a loud crash behind him. Something was happening, and it didn't bode well for the ones who had been tormenting him just a moment before. Through the hazy pain that messed up his vision, he watched each black blur of a person get thrown from their spot. The shouts of surprise soon turned into screams of rage and a few from pain.

Several of the black clad figures either dropped suddenly from something or their heads were cut off completely. Blood splattered Ty's face at one point and he closed an eye in reaction to it, a grimace on his lips. The body collapsed in front of him, sprawled out across the floor with no head.

The fight didn't last very long. After all there were only five of the cloaked Vampires that had stayed in the cell with him. Slowly his head started to fall forward, too tired to really care about what just happened. The floor beneath him vibrated, trembled and then stopped. He opened his eyes to look at the still-intact circle beneath him.

"Taylial! Please, I... I can't break it! I don't know what's wrong -how the hell did I do it earlier?"

A knife came down right before him, slamming into the floor and essentially breaking the carving of the spell circle. Ty looked up into black eyes that sparkled, a beautiful smile and long black hair. At first he wondered if he was dreaming, but then she moved and a familiar face came into view.

"Thought I knew that voice," Ty remarked with a light laugh that turned into a series of coughs.

"Ty! God, what did they do to you?"

"This is nothing. Why are you so worried? You know that confuses a guy."

"Oh shut up! Just, stay awake long enough for me to get you out of here."

Ty laughed, "Why? That would be the opposite of what you wanted. Locked up here, I won't be getting involved in that war of yours."

Lucas' silver eyes narrowed, his face growing red with anger, "I don't want that! I especially don't want you tied up here! You ignorant bastard! Don't you get it? I'm trying to protect you!"

"You don't need to."

"I'm in love with you, you stupid oaf!"

Ty stopped for a moment, a retort already on his lips as he'd been expecting something else. His head came up to look at Lucas who had realized what he'd said and was staring at him with wide eyes, now red with embarrassment, "Wait... Say that again."

"No!"

"Oh, come on Lucas. Say it again. Say that you love me," Ty coaxed, leaning forward as best he could with is cocky grin on his face. Underneath though, his heart had started to beat rapidly and he felt an unimaginable amount of happiness well through him.

"No! I'm not saying it again. You heard me the first time, damn it," the Vampire glowered at him then shifted closer and stretched up his hands to grip Ty's. The chains that held him shuddered violently as his boyfriend pushed his power into it. There was a slight cracking sound, and then finally they shattered from around his wrists.

His grin grew as he fell on top of Lucas. Half of it was on purpose, the other half was truthful. The Vampire crumpled beneath his weight and Ty shifted his arms to a more comfortable position. He could feel the blood rushing to his numbed fingers. Each limb was tight, tingling as he got feeling back and then painful, like a million little pinpricks rushing up and down his arms.

"Will you say it again? What if I told you I loved you too?"

"You... You are impossible," Lucas whispered even as he wrapped his arms around the boy on top of him, "I love you. Stupid fool," his voice was muffled as it was against Ty's throat.

Grinning he pulled away and started to kiss the boy. A soft voice coughed next to them and Lucas jerked underneath him. The Vampire's hands pushed him to get Ty off in haste.

"As lovely as this is, we are on a schedule... This wasn't easy you know," the girl with black hair said. She was still smiling sweetly, as she waited with her hands on her hips.

"How did you get in here?" Ty asked as Lucas slipped out from under him.

"Long story. I'll tell you later, but for right now, we need to go help the others outside. They're not going to last long against the guards of Izoldei."