19

Ty let Drezair come forth, taking over his body as they squared off with Vahn. The other boy, or rather the demon inside him, grinned mischievously. Drezair moved so that Lucas was directly behind him instead of just off to the side. The silver flame along his arm grew, stretching to reach just below his shoulder.

"We'll be at this for a long time, Drezair," the other demon said softly.

"Better me than anyone else, hu?"

"Who is that?" Ty asked suspiciously.

"An old acquaintance of mine. His name is Urin."

Urin leaned forward, his smile stretching further and then he lunged forward, streaking across the distance at an amazing speed. Drezair wasted no time and met him head on. When they clashed, it was like a clap of thunder resounding in the small gymnasium. Even the windows shook violently.

A flash of silver light exploded from Drezair's arm, engulfing Urin and sending the other demon flying backwards. Skidding to a halt, Drezair slashed his hand outwards a second time and more of his magic pounded through the gym, destroying the floor as it scrapped across the wood to collide into Urin.

A loud bang filled the air as the magic hit something solid. When the silver light faded, Urin was still standing, the air before him shimmering with magic. Drezair scoffed, his lips pulling into a frown. Bastard, he thought to himself. Readying himself for another close quarters attack, he felt a rush of air behind him and watched wide eyed as a flash of something silver shot passed him.

Glancing back for a moment, he spotted Lucas standing with his feet spread, planted firmly to balance himself and both hands up pointed directly at Urin. The bleachers behind him were breaking apart, melding together into projectiles. Around the Vampire, the air had begun to swirl with the amount of power he was using. For a mere moment, Drezair found himself captivated by the sight.

"Hey now, pay attention to the fight," Ty chided lightly.

"You enjoyed that just as much as I did."

"True enough, but it wouldn't do to get wounded before we can do anything fun with him later, now wouldn't it?"

"Point taken," Drezair answered with a laugh and returned his attention immediately to Urin.

The silver metal that was molding behind him began to shoot through the air at Urin as they were finished being shaped by Lucas. The silver fire reignited on his arm and Drezair rushed the other demon. The shield that Urin had been using dropped as he grit his teeth angrily at the oncoming assault.

Slashing through the air with both claws and his power, he attacked the demon relentlessly. All the while, around him the sharpened metal knives that Lucas continued to create sliced through the air at Urin. Several of them made their mark, cutting into the demon's flesh and spraying blood.

"Had enough yet?" Drezair asked with his cocky grin, his voice growling out as he slammed his fist into the demon's side, the silver fire igniting across Urin's body.

"Are you worried about me, Drezair?"

"Hardly. I'd like to kill you personally, but we both know how that would go."

The silver flames slowly died off from around Urin's waist and chest and he attacked in return. Drezair raised his hand, forming the silver fire to swirl in such a way as to act as a shield across his body. He continued to grin at the other demon as he moved backwards, dipping and dodging the attacks thrown at him.

Ducking suddenly, Urin missed Drezair completely and instead an onrush of Lucas' newly found magic took the other demon by surprise. Impaled by at least ten of the oddly shaped weapons from the bleachers metal, Urin stumbled in shock.

"Looking like a pin cushion suits you Urin," Drezair commented lightly as he took several steps back and righted himself.

"Fool," the demon coughed, blood spilling from his mouth and down his front. He slowly dropped down to his knees, hands shaking as he gripped two of the metal shards. Then he began to laugh.

Drezair frowned as he watched the demon carefully. Behind him he could feel Lucas move closer to him. A moment later and a hand pressed against the small of his back. He glanced over his shoulder to look at the Vampire for a moment.

"I've all I need," Urin said and the debris around him kicked up as his magic invoked, "I don't need to stay any longer."

"What does that mean?!" Lucas shouted.

"Just as I said. You know Lucas, perhaps you should ask about those grimoires of yours. Funny that you of all people would take two, or ironic rather. Not everything is as it seems, you know."

"I know one thing," the Vampire spat back, coming around Drezair to glowered at Urin, "You're still my enemy, as is Mithviya and Kivar. Whatever the grimoires really are, it doesn't make a difference to what you and your kind are doing."

Urin laughed as he was slowly engulfed by his own power, a white mist forming around him, "What little you know, dear Lucas. We'll be seeing each other again soon, I promise."

The white mist covered him entirely and then it all disappeared without so much as a noise. Lucas looked up at Drezair who narrowed his eyes at the spot where Urin had been. He let go of Ty's body and let the human take over while he resided at the corner.

"Something bothering you?" Ty asked as he pulled Lucas into a tight embrace, a grin on his face as he watched the Vampire turn a brilliant red color.

"For the moment, I may just be overreacting."

"If you say so, but you should let me know anyway. I don't believe in overreactions."

"True enough, well then..."