14

When he woke up, there was an unfamiliar ceiling above him, warm covers over his body and a cold cloth across his forehead. Ty took a deep breath, stretched out his body and removed the cloth from his head. Sitting up, he winced as his head pounded. Putting the palm of his hand to the side of his temple, he glanced about the room.

It was rather dark, cold too. Pushing aside the blankets, he stood up slowly groaning a he went. It felt as if every muscle in his body had been over worked. Everything burned painfully and he could hardly walk. Damn he thought to himself as he ran a hand through his hair and yawned.

"Hey, where the hell am I?" he called out.

A soft moan filled the room and the sound of a body shifting. Ty took a step forward and hit something on the floor. Losing his balance he went tumbling to the ground. A shout from beneath him caught his attention and a pair of hands caught him as he crashed into someone on the floor.

"Damnit... Ty," the voice cursed softly.

"Oh. Why are you on the floor, Lucas?"

"Dummy, I fell asleep, why else?"

"You could have slept with me you know," Ty grinned, laughing lightly.

"Shut up!"

"I'm sure if I could see your face right now it'd be red, just like always. So easy, Lucas. You know, if it weren't always so easy I wouldn't have this much fun."

"I'm going to kill you."

"You'd miss me."

"Whatever," a pair of arms wrapped around his shoulders and brought him down further as Ty had been holding himself up so as not to crush the boy beneath him. Ty grinned as he allowed himself to be directed towards the Vampire's face. His lips pressed against his boyfriends softer ones gently. Working open Lucas' mouth he played with the Vampires tongue.

Pulling away, he pressed the tip of his nose against the boys, "Will you say it again?"

"Say what?" Lucas muttered breathlessly.

"That you love me."

"I'm never going to live that down hu?"

"Nope. You admitted to it, you can't take it back. Say it again, please?"

"You already know, why do I have to say it again?"

"Because," Ty pecked his lips once, "I love you," he came back down and kissed the Vampire passionately. Even without the lights on, when Ty pulled away again he knew that the boy was dazed.

"I love you, Ty."

He grinned and as he was descending again, a knock on the door echoed through the dark room. Stopping right above Lucas, he sighed heavily, "Just when things were getting good too."

"Oh shut up!" Lucas cried in embarrassment and pushed him off.

Laughing lightly at his boyfriends frustration, he allowed himself to be pushed away and sat on the floor with one leg up and his arm propped up over the knee. Lucas got to his feet and went to the door. Cracking it open, bright silver light streamed into the dark room. Ty got a good look at the whole left side of the area that was bathed in silver light.

A desk sat against the wall with several picture frames on it, a couple of vases, a large stack of papers and a quill pen. Old fashioned I see, Ty thought as he looked at the quill pen. He followed the wall that was decorated with more picture frames, large portraits of a few women and a handful of men. All of them looking very elegant and very richly endowed.

The door closed, shutting out the light and the view of the décor in the room. Lucas came back to him and settled on the couch while Ty stayed on the floor.

"What's going on? Where are we, by the way?"

"Ember's mansion. He was injured earlier after we rescued you. He's alright now. That was Nameia. She wanted to know how you were doing."

"Fine, as you can see."

"Lucky to be fine, smart ass," Lucas snapped in response. His voice sounded weary, even if he'd just been asleep moments before.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, just tired."

"Liar. What's going on?"

Silence answered him for a moment, then a heavy sigh came and Lucas' dark silhouette shifted forward, his elbows resting on his thighs as his hands clenched together, "It's my Father. He's found out that we rescued you and he's none too happy about it."

"Too bad."

"I wish it were that easy, Ty. He's hell bent on ridding Drezair from you. I'm not strong enough to fight against him."

"Well then. I guess we'll just have to make you stronger hu?"

"How? There's not much I can do."

"Training, my lovely Vampire. Amongst other things. You should go get everyone. I have quite a bit to tell you all."