7

Nameia laid him down on the couch as gently as she could. Leaving him there, she'd gone to his desk and rummaged around. Lucas wondered what it was she was looking for but found out soon enough as he heard her voice.

"Hey, where are you?"

My cell phone, he thought to himself as he lay there, trying not to move too much. There was a pause as she listened to the answer. The demi-God came back into view as she moved swiftly around the room. In her hands was a piece of cloth and she rolled it up as she held the phone against her shoulder.

"No. It's Lucas this time. Hurry back to the council room," she paused again. Leaning forward she motioned at Lucas. He lifted an eyebrow wondering what it was she wanted. With a frown on her lips she pressed the cloth against his lips, hard.

"Yes, you can bring her. Might as well. Talk when you get here," she said and let the phone slip from her shoulder. She let go of the cloth that the Vampire took into his mouth and caught the device before it could hit the floor. Her finger tapped the phone and then she set it down.

The demi-God knelt next to him, her hand pressed against his good shoulder, "This is gonna hurt, just to let you know."

Lucas huffed a response as the cloth was between his teeth. She undid the school uniform, revealing his porcelain like skin. The entire left side was bruised, purple in color and a bit of yellowing around the edges. Nameia lifted her hand over him, leaning forward and putting pressure on his uninjured side.

Her fingertips glowed yellow, the flashing light swirled around each finger like dancing lights from fireworks. Unconsciously he tightened his body as her hand descended down to his ribs. She started at the top, touching on the edge of the bruising. He let out a soft sigh as it didn't hurt like she said it would.

Damn woman, scaring me like th- his thoughts were interrupted as her finger moved along the rib, going across the bruising and down to the other side. As she did so he could feel her magic sink in deep and heal the broken bone, pulling it back together. Had the cloth not been in his mouth he probably would have bit his tongue or screamed.

Even so, the cloth barely muffled his voice as he jerked on the couch. Nameia's hand tightened around his shoulder, holding him down. Lucas' good arm snaked out and gripped her arm in return. To think, she had his entire ribcage to patch up including his arm.

Nameia worked as quickly as she could. Lucas' body was taunt throughout it all, sweating and seemingly in more pain then when she started. By the time she finished with his arm, his jaw was throbbing with how tightly he'd been biting down on the cloth. Also at that time, Ember and Dimiyen entered the room followed by a girl that Lucas hadn't ever seen before.

The Vampire collapsed on the couch, chest heaving and sweat coating his forehead and neck. Slowly, he reached up with his healed arm and removed the wet cloth from his lips. Swallowing, he attempted to calm himself and regain his breath. Nameia leaned away, running her arm across her forehead and releasing a heavy sigh.

"What happened?" Ember asked, his eyes wide with concern.

"The Families," Lucas huffed out. Turning his gaze to the demi-God he frowned at her, "Remind me, to never let you heal me again."

"Yeah, you're welcome," she snapped back, though her lips quirked into a small smile for the briefest of moments.

"Wait, what do you mean the 'Families'? Surely they didn't do this to Lucas?"

"Seems like if you openly oppose them, doesn't matter if your blood related or not," the demi-God frowned, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Where's Ty?" Dimiyen asked.

"They took him."

"Shit," Ember cursed and glowered at the floor, instantly losing his adorable appearance. The girl who was with them stood next to him and peered at Lucas with black eyes. Her long black hair was pulled up in a pony tail, the silky strands brushing her shoulders lightly.

"Where did they take this 'Ty'?" she asked her voice a bit high pitched and sweet sounding.

"Izoldei."

"Why!?" Dimiyen shouted, leaning over the back of the couch to peer at the Vampire intensely.

"They think he's a demon."

The silence in the room grew thick, tensions getting hotter as they all sat there, staring at one another. Lucas frowned at them. Crossing his arms he shut his eyes and stayed like that for some time, deep in his thoughts of misery.

"Well, we have no choice then. Looks like we're going to Izoldei."