8

The cell's door slid shut, clicking closed with a solid snap. Ty looked up at the glowing chains that held his hands together over his head. Giving it a hard shake, the metal snapped around wildly from the motion but didn't break. He glowered at it and decided that plan B was in order.

His fingers outstretched as he called for his magic. The silver light that was Drezair's curled around his hand and wrist and he grinned in triumph. At least, until something cut off the flow of power and sharp stabbing pain shot through his skull. Wincing, he immediately let go of the power and the attack subsided. Breathing heavily, he glanced around the room, wondering just what had happened.

Drezair stirred at the back of his mind and Ty reached out to him, "Can you break this?"

"I could. The problem is taking over to do so."

"What do you mean?"

"You're being accused of being a full fledge demon. They're planning to eradicate me and kill you so that Lucas can find a new companion to drink from. Or did you forget about that whole situation? Do you think it's really wise to have me come forth and get you out?"

Ty frowned as he hung there, down on his knees in the middle of the cold, damp and dark cell. He sighed heavily as his head hung back slightly and he closed his eyes. Breathing deeply, he could taste the musk in the air.

"Would get us out of here faster you know. They're going to remove you anyway."

"I suppose you have a point. However, there is one other problem."

"What's that?"

"You just hit it a moment ago."

"When I tried to use your magic? That pain in my head... Damn. They put a demon seal up around us hu? Figures. Well, I'll give 'em one thing. They're not stupid, nor are they overconfident."

"Waiting is our best bet for the moment, Ty."

He scoffed at that. Lifting his head, he moved his arms just enough so that they were behind his head instead of in front. His eyes narrowed at the dark bars just in front of him. Ty's lips twisted into a deep frown as he remembered the earlier fight with Lucas.

"We'll be waiting a long time, Drezair. This is what Lucas wanted anyway."

"If I could I would hit you so hard right now. Did you not see his face when he confronted his father about the situation? He doesn't want this at all, you fool."

"And you heard him when we were arguing. He said he'd do what he had to. That was after I asked him if he'd lock me up and use me whenever he wanted. Or did you forget about that?"

Drezair sighed in Ty's thoughts; the demon pulled back his conscious, going back into his corner. The silence turned to his recalling the fight again. Lucas' face, every emotion that was spread out on the Vampires features were called forth. Had he jumped too far into conclusion about Lucas' feelings? Still, it was hard to get over the fact that the boy hadn't said anything to him about how he felt towards Ty. It was a little hard to ignore. Then again, had Ty ever said anything to him regarding his feelings?

He sighed heavily, leaning forward and letting his head hang down. With such depressing thoughts haunting him, he felt even more determined to get out of the situation he'd found himself in. He wanted to see Lucas again. There was a terrible burning in his chest, a yearning to hold the boy again, to kiss him, to...

A sound in the hall caught his attention. Footsteps were filling the hall. There were more than one set as well. Ty frowned at first but then his customary grin pulled at his lips as he looked up at the cell door.

"Bear with me for a second," Drezair said suddenly and in the next instant, Ty felt pressure at the back of his mind.

"What did you do?"

"I'm sealing myself off from you for the moment. I don't know how long it will hold, but I'll do my best. It'll buy us some time anyway."

"How much time?"

"A day, maybe more... but we'll see."

He huffed. The doors slid opened and Cahastile slid inside, followed by five others. The man pushed back his hood, the long hair and goatee reflecting the light that the others carried with them. His hair was a silvery color, almost like Lucas' but much lighter. Probably due to his age. The man's lips pulled back into a smile. Lifting a hand, there was a rush of power that passed through Ty and hit the floor. Beneath him another circle began to carve itself into the stone.

"Shall we pick up where we left off, demon?"

"Ooh, I just can't wait," Ty retorted with a wide smile, "Your magic tickles. Nothing like what Kivar can do to me."

That seemed to tick off the man and his smile turned into a growl of anger. Cahastile pointed his hands down at the circle, then brought them up right at Ty. The power was more violent than it had been in the school gymnasium. The chains holding him shuddered as every muscle tightened. The shouts of pain echoed in the dungeons.