27

"I'm getting tired of these damned catacombs. I say we bomb the shit out this place first chance we get," Nameia cursed as she followed behind Ty.

"Let's get Lucas first, then I'll let you go crazy on it."

Nameia muttered something under her breath that the human didn't catch. He didn't really care either way, he just wanted Lucas back. They were led to a different part of the catacombs that Ty hadn't seen before and he narrowed his eyes. Just how large is this place exactly... this is getting ridiculous, he thought to himself angrily.

"The Stalkers are smart in that regard, making this place so large that is," Drezair commented.

"How convenient. I may just help Nameia tear this place apart."

"It would be most relieving, wouldn't it?"

"Yes, yes it would," Ty grinned as he ran the idea through his mind. The feeling of being able to get rid of the catacombs that were serving as the Stalker's home was most pleasurable.

They rounded a corner, still following Ty's conjured apparition of Lucas. As they came into the hallway, the dark haired boy frowned, his grin slipping from his features as he caught faint sounds at the end of the hall. He released his hold on the grimoire and the milky form of his boyfriend faded away.

"Hey, what did you do that for?" Nameia asked sharply, glaring at him as she came to stand next to him.

"Because I don't need it anymore," he answered her, his voice dark. The demi-God looked up at him with an eyebrow arched and set her jaw. With a sharp nod she started down the hall. Ty followed after her moving just as quickly. The sounds were not pleasant the closer they got to the end of the dark corridor.

Eventually, he could make them out as erratic screams and groans. Ty took off into a sprint the moment he realized what he was hearing. As he ran, Drezair took hold of his body and forced him off to the side. He hit the wall, but was grateful for the detour as he caught sight of something flashing down the hallway where he'd just been.

"You're good, boy," the woman's voice was hardly mistakable. He ground his teeth as he watched her come forward in the gloom.

The others halted in the hallway as they stared at Mithviya who grinned at them. Her eyes were locked on Ty who returned her cold stare and smile. He straightened against the wall and tilted his head off to the side.

"Want to play again? I can't guarantee you'll live this time, I'm in a rather bad mood."

"Oh my, so terrifying. Though I think your thoughts are definitely elsewhere seeing as you've come all this way. Pity really, you missed his first success at beating Kivar. Doubt he'll do it again though."

"What the hell-"

"Ty, go. We'll handle her," Nameia cut in. She didn't waste any time and ignited the air before her with her golden flames.

He watched her for a mere moment before giving a short nod of thanks and skirted past Mithviya who was busy blocking the demi-God's wave of golden light. Behind him, Ember followed as well, quickly getting out of the way of the girls' fight.

"Figured you might need me," the young Vampire offered with a smile.

"Guess we'll find out, won't we?"

Both boy's burst into the other room. Fires lit the open room below them as they were at the top of a set of stairs. In the center of the large square chamber was an altar of sorts and on top of it was Lucas. The noises were coming from him and to add to that fact, his body was writhing, casting petrifying shadows across the entire room of every square inch that shuddered violently.

A red circle hovered over him and beneath him, the swirling pattern filled the room with a heavy aura that sunk deep into Ty's skin. Drezair gave a sharp growl and pushed at Ty's conscious, begging to be let forth. The human let his demon counterpart take over without question.

The black blazer and white undershirt tore across his back as Drezair released his wings and leapt up onto the rail of the stairway. His sickly yellow gaze narrowed as he ground his teeth. Crouching down, he spread the ebony wings to their full length, snapping them open and then pumping them a few times in preparation to launch his body down into the room.

"So nice of you to join us, Tyrathane!" the voice belonged to the only other person in the room besides Lucas, "Rather, perfect timing to see your lover changed into my little puppet so that he can kill you."

Drezair grinned, flashing his sharpened fangs, "I really don't like you," he stated and then launched off the railing. His wings pumped hard, shooting him down into the room and crashing straight into Kivar. Both went flipping through the air as Drezair latched on and bit down into the Stalker's shoulder, hard.

His fangs went straight through the flesh and Kivar grunted. They hit one of the pillars, stopping their erratic flight through the air. The stone shattered as both tumbled to the ground with Drezair landing on top. His arm erupted in silver magic as he drew it back to shove his hand through the Stalkers chest and rip out Kivar's heart.

The Stalker grinned up at him and his body started to change form. Black symbols carved along his face, his eyes turned pitch black and the double fangs elongated, extending from the top and another pair appearing from the bottom of his jaw. His ears became pointed and long like Drezair's and the Stalkers hands that held his sides dug deep, cutting into his flesh as the nails grew too.

Drezair winced, but didn't let it deter him from his goal. His hand shot down to plunge into Kivar's chest. However, just as his claws scrapped skin, the Stalker let out a release of power that threw him upwards and back towards the altar where Lucas was still convulsing, though his screaming had stopped.

"Ty!" Ember called out as he came down from the top of the stairs. The young Vampire knelt down next to Drezair who pulled himself up and glowered at Kivar who stood.

"You forget, Drezair. I've always been the stronger one. Now, let me send you back to hell you pesky little cockroach," the demon growled.