20

"Vahn is still around and he's as intent as ever to get at us," Lucas' voice filled the council room. Dimiyen and Nameia were seated on the couch together, watching him intently as he explained what had happened the day before. Ty was stretched out as usual on the other couch, leaving Taylial and Ember the desk on the other side of the room. The girl was seated on Embers lap who held her loosely, a hand rubbing her lower back lazily.

"So he's just like Ty then?" Dimiyen asked.

"He is nothing like me," the boy retorted with a snort. Lucas rolled his eyes, frowning at his boyfriend.

"Drezair said that it's not a contract that Vahn holds with the demon Urin. I think it's safe to say that this also goes for Mithviya and Kivar. There's definitely more to this than what we originally thought."

"I think we need to go to the Families," the demi-God proposed, her voice strong as she narrowed her gaze at Lucas.

"Are you suicidal?" Ember asked, leaning forward with a frown on his cute face.

"We're not going to get anywhere with our lack of information. If we want to win this war, we need to know more!"

"More about what?"

"Everything you dimwit!"

"Alright, alright," Lucas' hands lifted as he intervened between the two. Ember may have had a cute demeanor, but he had a short temper. His facial features had already turned dark within the few seconds that the idea had been brought up.

"For once I agree with you Nameia," Ty offered, lifting his head up to grin at her from his spot on the couch.

The demi-God didn't look all that pleased though with his agreeing with her idea. Even so, she didn't say anything against it either. Lucas glanced between them all before settling his gaze on the coffee table between the two couches. He wasn't sure what he should do next. What step did he take? Nameia had a point in getting more information, but then Ember's point was very clear too.

Going to the Families was asking to be killed. They'd broken into Izoldei to get Ty, his father wanted to kill Ty to top it off, and Ember had already defied them from the beginning. Already the odds were against them. Still, getting information was near vital if they wanted to have a slim chance against Kivar and his steadily growing army.

"What about Dimiyen? Or, better yet, what about L'liya?"

Lucas shot his gaze over to Ty, meeting the boys alluring green eyes. The human watched him with his signature grin plastered on his face. That grin always got him, and sure enough he could feel his face heating again. Damn that human...

"L'liya," the Vampire mused softly to himself.

"She betrayed you, do you really think she's going to help you?" Nameia countered.

"I'll get her to talk."

"You're so damned arrogant. I swear I could just knock that right out of you."

"Alright alright, jeez! No need for violence woman. You're kinda scary, I hope you know that..." Ty pleaded, raising his hands up and pressing himself against the back of the couch.

Nameia's eyes narrowed, but the corners of her mouth twitched too. After a moment of staring at Ty, his crooked smile and posture, she finally laughed. Doubling over she released all of the tension in the air in that single sound. Dimiyen smiled warmly next to the woman, laughing too.

"You..." she chuckled, wiping at the corners of her eyes, "You are so weird sometimes! Really? I'm scary to you? Pfft!!"

"I agree with Ty," Lucas offered, hiding his grin behind his hands as he leaned against the desk in his chair.

"Of course! It's a brilliant plan."

The Vampire rolled his eyes, sighing heavily. Mentally he was imagining smacking the human across the back of the head. It was rather satisfying, but would have been more so had he done it in reality, "Whatever. It's settled then. We'll find L'liya and interrogate her. She seems to know a lot of the grimoires and the Families to begin with."

"Great, so... where do we find her?" Ember asked, leaning the side of his face against his fist on the desk where he sat.

"I could find her," Ty replied, raising his hand up as he lay back on the couch.

"How?"

"I've my ways. It's called a grimoire."

"Do it, Ty. The sooner we locate her the better. We need that information as soon as we can get it. I doubt that Kivar will wait for us to catch up on everything."

"You bet. I'll find her. See you guys in a few hours," the human lurched forward and got to his feet swiftly. Moving to the desk, he grabbed Lucas' hands and pulled them away from his face. Dropping down he planted a passionate kiss on the Vampires lips causing him to turn a brilliant red color.

When he pulled away he waved with a large grin and exited the room. Lucas fumed as he sat there, taken aback again as usual. Damn him... I'm never going to get used to that, he thought to himself angrily. However, at the same time, his heart had skipped a beat and he was secretly wishing for more.