30

"He still won't respond," Nameia said with a heavy sigh as she let her body drop down onto to the couch.

"What are we going to do?" Dimiyen asked, her voice trembling as she pulled in close to the demi-God and twisted her fingers around the girls arm.

"I don't know. I know he's not going to die from not eating or anything like that, but his body is going to become so weak and frail..."

"He's broken. I really doubt there's going to be anything we can do to bring him back," Ember commented softly. Sitting next to him was Taylial, her head on his shoulder. The girl's face was somber, her dark eyes saddened as she stared at the floor.

"There has to be something we can do," Nameia ground out, her eyes narrowing as her hands clenched together, shaking slightly.

"Unless it has anything to do with bringing Ty back, there's nothing we can do. Lucas can't go through anything else. He's lost everything. Hell I'm not even sure if having Ty back could even help. He's seen that boy die several times now. Sure he came back because of Drezair, but that doesn't make it any easier to watch someone you love get killed."

"Embers right," L'liya cut in. She was tied to the chair now, none of the others wanted to deal with her.

"Oh shut up! I really have half a mind to burn you to a crisp," the demi-God hissed as she turned just enough to level her burning gaze at the Vampire.

L'liya frowned at her then turned away to look at the council room door, "I hope you're at least keeping Ty's body safe."

"Obviously, why wouldn't we?"

"Just saying..."

"I encased him in ice," Dimiyen answered as she leaned against Nameia. L'liya only nodded once in acknowledgement.

"Alright look, this isn't going to help us any. We can't be fighting between ourselves while Lucas wastes away. Let's try to find a way to help him. It's the least we can do for him, and Ty would want us to," Ember said leaning forward to rest his arms on his thighs and intertwine his fingers.

"It's been almost a week in a half. Drezair hasn't come back and I don't think he will. At least not on his own."

"What are you suggesting, Nameia?"

"I say we go find Drezair and kick his ass for being late," the demi-God growled as she lifted her gaze to regard Ember who sat across from her in the council room.

"What about Lucas?"

"My parents are taking care of him. There's nothing we can do for him anyway and it's stupid for us to just sit here and do nothing at all but twiddle our thumbs and grumble about the situation. At least, I'm not going to."

"Then it's settled," Ember smiled finally, a grin twisting his lips. It was the first one they all had seen from him since the day Ty had died.

"Question," L'liya's voice cut in and several pairs of glaring eyes turned to her, "How are you going to find a demon... Or rather, one that's been sent back to hell?"

The room was silent for some time before anyone spoke. Dimiyen leaned forward to get a better view of the Vampire that was tied to the chair. Her rustic eyes were wide with fear as she regarded the blonde haired woman.

"Do you know where we could go?"

"Dimiyen!" Nameia shouted in anger.

"I might," the Vampire answered slowly, "I got to know a few things when I was with Kivar. Including a few tricks to tapping into hell."

"What do you want in return?" Ember asked, his face turning dark as his pale green eyes narrowed and his lips turned into a frown of distrust.

"Keeping my life would be a start."

"Not on the table. Soon as we get Ty back I'm letting him tear you apart. I want to watch," the demi-God threatened.

"Then I guess you should just do it yourself. I'm not telling you how to get him back and without me you've got no chance at all. No one will be willing to open a door for you, no one."

Ember glanced over to Nameia, getting her attention. He watched her for a long time, seemingly having a silent conversation with her through his gaze. Finally, Nameia relented.

"Fine. We'll tell him not kill you, but I'm not his keeper so I can't exactly promise you're life once he returns."

"Then you release me and let me leave before the demon returns to that boy's body."

"Hell no."

"You're one stubborn bitch. No deal then," L'liya cursed leaning forward as far as she could, staining against the ropes.

"Nameia..." Ember said coldly.

The demi-God shook as she clenched her teeth, glowering both at L'liya and Ember, "Fine," she growled, her voice barely above a whisper, "But you better leave the door open once you're done."

"Once its open it stays open. The only one who can close it afterwards will be Drezair. I just don't suggest doing it here. There's no saying what could come through it after I open it and while you're all gallivanting around trying to find that damn demon."

"We'll open the gate at my home," Ember said as he stood up and brushed himself off, "My parents can handle anything that comes through that door. And if they can't, well they can always set up seals around the room and call it an accident. The families can take care of it afterwards."

"Let's hope that does happen. I want to see a few of the Families get their heads ripped off..." Nameia said as she too stood up.

L'liya shook her head and sighed heavily as they untied her, "If only that were a possibility."