6

Father's going to seal him away... but... Ty! Lucas watched as Ty's form changed to that of Drezair. There was a smirk on his father's lips too that made the Vampire very angry. What was Cahastile playing at? What game was this?

Lucas bared his teeth, eyebrows scrunching together as he glowered at the Families in the room. The grimoire around his finger burned. Without thinking he unleashed his power on anyone remotely close to him. The results were terrifying, had the Vampire payed any attention to the destruction he wrought in his moment of rage.

The room shuddered under his spell. With his feet planted firmly, he flung out both arms and the air exploded as he thrust the men holding him, off. They went tumbling through the air, crashing hard into the floor and wall on either side. Lucas wasn't done there though. His control over the gravity around them had increased and even he wasn't entirely sure where it had come from.

Stretching his hand before him, he narrowed his gaze on the circle that trapped Ty. Slowly his fingers curled into a fist, beads of sweat beginning to form on his forehead from the sheer amount of power and concentration it was taking. The floor shuddered once, and then a second time before it finally cracked and the circle lost its power. Lucas lowered his head, air rushing in and out of his lungs quickly from the exertion.

"Fool child," his father growled and turned on him.

The Vampire's breath caught and he raised his hands up in front of his face just in time to block the attack. Again, his grimoire burned on his finger and the wall of gravity that he manipulated reflected the spell that his father cast at him. Shocked, Lucas lowered his arms and stared at the man wide eyed.

"That's a new low," Ty growled, his features slowly returning to his natural form. Lucas glanced at him as he lifted his hand that was wreathed in silver light.

"Don't think I'm through with you yet, boy," the elder Vampire hissed and flicked his hand at Ty. The magic swept the human off his feet and sent him hurling into the bleachers across the room.

Lucas' chest constricted tightly. Grinding his teeth, he leaned forward and swiped his hand at his father, urging the gravity around him to throw the man. The spell never made it to his father. He knew because Cahastile never moved from his spot, and instead a section of wall to their right exploded, a deep crater appearing there. Lucas tried again, shoving his hand forward as if jabbing at his father. Again, the power never reached him.

"Pathetic... and to think I call you 'son'."

Lucas bristled and clenched his fists. Whatever, the old fool... he thought to himself. He still had Ty's blood running through him and that was enough to fuel him for a while. It hadn't been long since he'd drunk. His speed and strength were increased; maybe he could stand a chance in that department instead. Provided that his father hadn't drunk recently as well.

The Vampire shot at his father, getting as close as he could in a mere blur of motion. Striking outwards, he attempted to have throw Cahastile off his feet. Unfortunately the magic was deflected again and this time he was far too close to defend himself. Cahastile closed his hand and something akin to fingers wrapping around Lucas' throat gripped him tight.

He faltered in his head long rush. Hand went to his throat, clawing at the invisible force. Then he was hurled passed his father's form and into the wall behind him. The crushing force left him without air and he was sure that he'd broken a few bones upon impact. In fact he was almost certain, coming from the sounds that he'd just heard. Falling to the floor in a heap he lay there, unable to move.

"Lucas! What the hell are you trying to do, old man? Kill him!?"

The voice was from the other side of the room, but the Vampire couldn't focus on it properly. Air wheezed into his lungs slowly as he tried to breathe again. He groaned softly, shifting very slowly as everything was numb. The ceiling up above swirled a bit and he closed his eyes to the nauseating feeling.

"Take him back to Izoldei."

Nameia... where's Nameia... stop them, he thought, barely making any sense really. He'd totally forgotten about her during the exchange. Slowly moving his head he watched as Ty was struck by another spell, one that wrapped up his entire body in blue lines. He was surrounded by the Families soon after and in an instant, they all disappeared.

It wasn't until they were all gone that he heard the demi-God's sweet voice. She shouted for him and her footsteps echoed across the gymnasium's slick floor. Even so, Lucas could only stare at the place where Ty had been. A sharp, cold feeling sliced through his chest again.

"Lucas! Hey! Snap out of it," she called and her hand struck him across his face.

Turning, he gazed up at her. Her brown eyes were wild, filled with rage and a little bit of confusion, "What the hell just happened?"

"They took Ty."

"I know that! Before that!" she snapped, "I don't remember anything! Bastards, must have put me under a curse the moment I walked in," she glowered at the room.

"They cursed you?"

"It's the only thing that makes sense. I couldn't break out of it. Pretty damned strong one too, a little too strong if you ask me," she ground as she helped him up.

Lucas winced, he was definitely injured, his ribs burned, no doubt broken or cracked. His arm hung limply at his side as well and it was all he could do to not fall over. Nameia wrapped his good arm around her shoulders and put her other around his waist.

"Damn, they did a number on you hu? I'll heal you at the council room, put a seal there and get Ember and Dimiyen."

Lucas only nodded as he allowed her to lead him from the empty gym room. At the back of his mind he thought only of Ty. He felt terrible, their fight just before hand and then losing him so quickly. The words that the human had said about locking him up hit harder than anything else. This wasn't what he wanted.