Chapter One

I found myself at the shore of Lake Cassiopeia, surrounded by the willow trees. The lotuses on the water created a beautifully peaceful atmosphere and the smell of the roses growing nearby filled the air. The moon was full and as the light fell on the lotuses and roses, they opened and began to shimmer.

"Beautiful isn't it?" a dulcet voice asked. I whirled around and found a man with hair as dark as night and gorgeous gray eyes, like the sea after a storm. His jaw was perfectly chiseled and his face was flawless. The moonlight highlighted his lean, muscular figure and I had to hold back a gasp. I had seen him here before, but I didn't know his name.

"It is beautiful," I agreed.

"You come here often it seems," the man noticed, eyeing my sketchbook, "To sketch I presume?"

"Yes," I replied, "Who are you, anyway?"

He opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by the shrill sound of a bell ringing.

I sat up abruptly and found myself in a seat at the back of auditorium

I sat up abruptly and found myself in a seat at the back of auditorium. My English literature lecture had just ended. I sighed, at least I had recorded the lecture, so I could take notes later. I rubbed my temples. What a weird dream that had been. The lack of sleep must have been really getting to me.

"Selena!"

I made my way through the crowd that had congregated at the entrance of the auditorium and sighed in irritation. This was my last class of the day and I desperately wanted to get home and paint, but it seemed that nobody was in a hurry to leave my English literature lecture any time soon.

"Hey, Silvers!"

I whirled around at that, my eyes were narrowed and I was searching for the person who had dared to use my surname. I found the culprit and it turned out to be none other than my best friend, Leon.

"Leon!" I scowled, "How many times have I told you not to use my last name?! What are you doing here anyway? Don't you have class right now?"

"I finished early and I'm here to save you the trouble of taking the bus home," he told me.

"Thanks Leon, but I'm fine taking the bus," I assured him, "I really just want to get home and paint." I began to leave.

"Selena, wait!" he said as he grabbed my hand, stopping me, "You paint everyday after classes. Don't you want to do something different today?"

"Not really," I replied.

Leon grinned at me. Everything about him was just perfect from his dark brown hair to his caring personality, and he knew that, but didn't acknowledge it out loud like most guys I knew. Leon was extremely loyal and I'd always wondered why he hadn't found a girl yet. When I asked him about it, he told me that he was waiting for the right one.

"What if I told you I was going to see Ella?" he asked, knowing exactly how I would respond to that. My eyes lit up at the mention of my other best friend's name.