Chapter Nineteen

AN: So there's a massive trigger warning for this chapter. Really bad things happen to Selena and If you don't feel comfortable reading, then just skip over it. I'll give you fair warning, don't worry. Now onward and forward to Chapter Nineteen!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Damien*

I sat in the shared study with Starlene. We were sitting by the fire, waiting for news from the scouts we had sent out to search for Selena, Marius, and Hayley.

"I can feel her, Star," I told my sister as I sipped my whiskey, "She's terrified."

"I know, Damien," Starlene told me as she tried to soothe my worries. Then she looked at my face and I heard her gasp.

"What?" I asked, "What is it?"

"Your lip," she whispered.

I touched my lip and tasted the familiar substance on my tongue. I smelt that familiar scent. I looked at my hand and confirmed my suspicions. I was bleeding.

"But you didn't get hurt," Starlene reasoned, trying to make sense of what had happened, "You've been here with me. That cut just sort of appeared on your lip."

"You're right Star, I didn't get hurt," I told my sister, "She did and it's highly likely that he's responsible for it."

*Selena*

*Selena*

I touched my cheek, trying to recover from the shock. I felt like I should have fought back, but somehow I knew that would have made things worse. So I did as I was told, I showered, cleaned up my lip, and got dressed.

It seemed that while the six Drake siblings preferred to immerse themselves in the modern world, Marius was more content being stuck in the ancient world. A time when a woman wearing pants was never even heard of.

I slipped on one of the dresses and knew that I needed to come up with a plan. I needed to leave before Marius decided to make good on his promise to make things worse for me. I searched the drawers in the bathroom and found nothing. The only thing in them was towels.

I rushed over to the window and somehow managed to open it just enough to squeeze through, but before I could even try, a strong hand pulled me back in and slammed the window shut. I turned and found the angry, stone gray of Marius.

His arms were crossed and I felt my blood go cold, were things about to get worse for me?

"Did you really think that I left this room unguarded?" he asked, "The second you opened that window, an alarm went off."

I had to think fast. I had to find a way out of this situation, now.

I made a beeline for the door, viewing it as my only possible exit.