Another Beating

-Warning! In this chapter, there is abuse, talk of being drunk, mentions of blood, and suicidal thoughts. If any of these things bother you or could trigger you, please do not read. Thank you-

-Songs for this chapter. #1 Game Of Survival by Ruelle, #2 Gasoline by Halsey-

Ava jolted awake in a cold sweat, what had woken her was unclear at first. But, Ava knew exactly what it was when she heard the sound of a glass bottle being thrown against the wall. She knew what was about to happen, so she laid back down and tried to go back to sleep.

-Start #1 now-

Maybe, just maybe, she thought. If she was sleeping, her dad would just leave her be. Ava closed her eyes, but that was a mistake. All of the things her dad had done to her rushed back into her head.

She wondered what she had ever done to deserve this abuse. Did she do something wrong? She didn't remember doing anything but being obedient and kind to her parents. She knew that her parents had cared for her when she was little, they had really loved her and each other. What had happened?

Ava flinched as the door to her bedroom flew open and hit the wall with a loud bang. "Get up you piece of shit!" her dad yelled at her. When she didn't get up immediately, he took off his shoe and threw it at her.

When the shoe hit her head, Ava winced. Her dad chuckled, "I knew you were awake, now get up!" Ava whimpered but moved the covers off her and got out of her bed. "Y-yes sir?" she asked, her voice was shaky as she was scared of what was going to happen.

"Are you scared little one?" her father asked while cocking his eyebrow. Ava shook her head, "no, I'm never scared." Her father chuckled and shoved Ava which made her fall to the ground. Ava's eyes were filled with fear, but she got back up and stood tall.

"You don't scare me!" she said firmly, Ava's father threw back his head and laughed. "You're lying," he said while taking a few steps towards her, making Ava back into a corner. She sunk down to the floor and pulled her knees up to her chest.

Ava's father bent down to Ava's ear and whispered, "I know how scared you are, bitch." Ava looked up into his eyes but immediately turned away. Ava's father grabbed her shirt and lifted her up, "don't look away from me!" he said harshly.

"I want to see the fear in your eyes," he growled as he let go of her shirt. Ava dropped to the ground, she winced and gripped her head. Ava's father bent down and grabbed her arm tightly. He then practically dragged her out of the room and downstairs. 

Ava tried to walk but she ended up only slightly stumbling down the stairs. "F-father, you're drunk. Please, p-put me down." Ava said desperately, trying to see if this time he would let her go. 

Ava's father ignored her as he dragged her into the living room. Ava didn't know what to do, other than stay still and let her father do whatever it was he wanted to do. She knew there wasn't anything for her to do, nothing she could do.

She sighed, 'why does life have to be this way?' she asked herself. Her father finally dropped her on the ground, she sat up and wiped a tear away from her cheek. Of course, she was scared. But she couldn't show it, she had to be strong and deal with what was happening, and she knew that.

Ava's eyes followed her father as he walked over to the kitchen table. He picked up a shot glass and held it up to his face before knocking it back. He sighed and put the glass back down, Ava continued watching him.

Thoughts were rushing in and out of her head, she had no idea what she should do. She was used to this, but it was all new as well. 'What is going to happen this time?' she thought, 'I'm so tired of this.'

Ava's father turned back to her and started walking across the room to her. Ava stood up and her father immediately grabbed her throat. It wasn't tight enough to choke her, but it did hurt. Tears started streaming down her face uncontrollably.

"D-dad, please don't-" "shut up!" he yelled in her face, making her look away. Ava's dad slapped her and Ava winced. "You disrespectful piece of shit! What did I tell you, look at me!" he yelled Ava slowly turned her head towards her dad and he chuckled.

"So, you're a cry baby now huh?" he asked as he harshly wiped one of her tears away from her face. Ava took in a sharp breath as she flinched, "w-why?!" Ava asked, wondering why she had to put up with this, why it as her that had to go through this.

Ava's father didn't answer her. He raised his fist and before Ava could move her head her father punched her in the nose. Ava started crying more, she was so scared of her father and what he could do.

-Start #2 now-

She knew he could and would do more, it was just a matter of time. Ava opened her mouth to take a deep breath and she tasted blood, 'my nose,' she thought. 'It must be bleeding, great.' Ava and her father stared at each other for a few minutes, it seemed like her father was examining her and staring into her soul.

"You're tiring," he said before punching her diaphragm. Ava's eyes shot open as she struggled to breath, she hunched over the best she could with her father's hand still on her throat. He let go of her with a roll of his eyes.

Ava bent over on the ground and tried to breathe regularly. She looked up and saw her father walking into his bedroom. She winced when he slammed the door. Ava took another deep breath and she wiped a tear from her eye.

After collecting her strength, she stood up. She had to lean against the wall for a minute but then she started to walk to the stairs. When she made it back to her room, she walked into her bathroom.

Ava looked into the mirror and frowned at herself, her nose was still bleeding and her eyes were puffy. Her face was tear stained as well. Ava silently sobbed as she sat down and pinched the bridge of her nose to get it to stop breathing.

"I should have never been born," she whispered to herself. "It would have been better that way," Ava let out a sob as she thought about the possibility of suicide. 'Would it be better if I did end it all?' she asked herself. She shook her head, she knew some people had it worse. Someone always has it worse, that must mean that her problems are invalid... right?

-Hello everyone, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter and I hope you're enjoying this book so far! Please let me know what you think in the comments, I hope you guys have an amazing rest of your day/night! I love you all so much, thanks for reading!-